11] Said Helias: “O Lord, why should I continue with my stupid criticism? Since I can see from the start only to clearly, that You once more in great detail will show to me how completely incorrect and mindless my opinion is.”
12] Said I: “Now, what probable damage can this do to you or anybody else? Since this is the reason why I have come into this world, so that I can free you from all the many mistakes through the living light of the truth. If you do not bring your apparently reasonably based criticism of the law and the prophets to daylight, they will remain inside you and can still waste away the life of your soul; but if you let them come out, then you get rid of them, and the light of the everlasting truth will in exchange take residence in your heart. Therefore speak and continue to criticize without holding back and I again shall give you a right light! See, it is actually now very necessary, because there are many people here, who for a long time, just as you, have criticized Moses and the Prophets! Therefore just open your beautiful mouth and speak with your skilful tongue!” (THE GREAT GOSPEL OF JOHN vol. 7, chap 30)
Whoever believes in Me and acts according to My teaching will reap eternal life.
 There is now indeed great misery and all kind of distress among the people on this Earth. There are all kinds of bodily diseases that were mainly caused by the people themselves because they left the way of life that have been faithfully revealed to them. By their increasing love for the world and its judgment and death they began also to walk on the ways of the world and its judgment and death, and consequently they have inevitably called all that great misery and distress upon themselves.
 There were, and there are some philosophers – and there will be also in the future – who say: ‘There is no God. God is nothing else than an old myth that was invented a long time ago by certain more intelligent people in order to make other people helpful and servile to them. The world, and everything that is in it, is indeed intelligent and wise and well arranged, but if one or the other God – invented by men as if He would really exist – would have really created that, and He would have only called man – who is simply His most noble creature – only to life to let him suffer and bear everything since his birth, then this would disprove God’s wisdom, His goodness, which is closely connected to that, and consequently also Himself, for without wisdom there is no power and without love and goodness no will to ever bring anything to a happy life.
4. "For in no matter can a man be more easily talked around than precisely in the one he does not understand himself.
5. "For in this case he either accepts the verdict out of ignorance or because he believes in the authority of the speaker, and will then never arrive at an opinion of his own.
6. "And this means nothing else but to shackle the independence of his own spirit and to become a mechanical spirit of another or set aside his own life in favor of an alien, spurious life.
7. "I am telling you this from my own experience so that you may not let yourself be talked around by me, but accept only that which makes sense to you; thus you shall not accept a single syllable which you merely had to believe without having grasped it beforehand firmly in your mind.
8. "There is no worse state for a free man than that of a blind faith; for such a faith engenders the true death of the spirit.
9. "Whoever believes blindly, is at the same time a spirit under judgment by some ambitious brother.
10. "If already a judgment of the living God is deadly, how much more must this be the case with the judgment of a dead man or one who himself possesses only a spurious life.
11. "Behold, for this reason a personal opinion - be it ever so poor - is much better than one adopted only through faith, for the veracity of which the spirit which must be free has no guarantee other than the authority of the preacher and the lukewarm complacency of its own foolishness.
12. "All of which is surely an abomination before God; for God created man for a free life and not that he might be an indolent mouthpiece of some ambitious preacher who is a selfish judge of the hearts of men who are meant to be free.
Your brother M. perceives quite well that human suppositions are inadequate to bring true solace and peace to his friend. For it could only be a system pieced together from rational arguments and opposed to another one where after all, seen from My viewpoint, one has as little solidity and firmness as the other. Therefore, he turned to Me with the most loving request that also this friend might be given the tranquility and peace he himself enjoys in such rich measure through reading and complying with My (new) Word.
So I will try, like the mother who offers her breast to her newly born child. to offer also to him, an erring but not evil soul, the first spiritual food. Newly born children also often refuse the mother’s breast. Now we will see how your friend will like this new food which, moreover, comes from hands quite unknown to him.
Answers to Faith-Related Issues
confirming the Christian Scriptures, clarifying and expanding them with still unknown spiritual knowledge