And the Lord lifted up His hand and said to Lamech and all the others: "Verily, verily, say I, now still the holy and most loving Father to you all:
10. "Once I shall bind you through laws, I shall also bind you through judgment; for without judgment no law is possible nor is any judgment possible without laws!
11. "If you, Lamech, had had laws from Me, I would not have come to you as a Father and thus a helper to you all, but as a most inexorable judge to condemn you for all your evil deeds!
12. "However, from the beginning you had no laws; thus you were like infants in the cradle. You have done much evil, indeed you have committed atrocious deeds; but, having no definite law directly from Me, but only an indirect advice, you were so far not liable to any judgment, - and now I am here to help you.
13. "How can you, Lamech, then ask Me for laws?
14. "What is better, to be quite free in the love for Me, thus having Me as a Father, or to be bound by laws, thereby having Me as a permanent judge?
15. ''Verily, say I to you all: I will rather destroy the whole of creation than fetter My children with laws, thereby ceasing to be their Father and judging them for eternal death!
 But as fast as you, My friend, imagine it now, such spirit will not attain to the full light. For as soon as he reaches this kind of freer consciousness, so that he will remember several things, his old fantasy will come up again. And with this, he soon will create again a world for himself that corresponds to his old love, and he is pleased with that. So he has to lose his self-created paradise again and understand the unreality of it, after which he can again be placed on a higher level of light.
 This happens oftentimes with many spirits like you saw here. Because a wrong love – which, despite all the things that are wrong in it, is the only thing that brings about the self-awareness of a spirit’s life – cannot so easily and quickly be transformed into a real, true love through the necessary way of the free will, as you imagine.” (GGJ Book 22, chap. 38)
 NOW you think by yourself: ‘Yes but, the divine wisdom and almightiness should be very well capable to do this.’ But I say to you: if I would want that, then it also would not have been necessary for Me to ever come Myself in the flesh as a Son of Man on this Earth and as a teacher to teach you men, and it also would not have been necessary in the beginning of times to awake all kinds of wise men and prophets for you.
 For if, only through My almightiness, you could have been transformed into children who are like Me in everything, then I certainly would have done that. But since you never could have been transformed into free, independent children who are like Me in everything while being continually kept in the leading-strings of My almightiness, but would always have remained the same as all the other material beings, like the clay, the air, the water, the
stones, metals, plants and all kinds of animals, it must be as it is, and not different, which I as Creator of all things and beings can of course see most clearly. For – understand this well – the creation of gods is something quite different than the creation of suns, worlds and all the other beings in the whole endless space of creation. Did you well understand this now?
4. "For in no matter can a man be more easily talked around than precisely in the one he does not understand himself.
5. "For in this case he either accepts the verdict out of ignorance or because he believes in the authority of the speaker, and will then never arrive at an opinion of his own.
6. "And this means nothing else but to shackle the independence of his own spirit and to become a mechanical spirit of another or set aside his own life in favor of an alien, spurious life.
7. "I am telling you this from my own experience so that you may not let yourself be talked around by me, but accept only that which makes sense to you; thus you shall not accept a single syllable which you merely had to believe without having grasped it beforehand firmly in your mind.
8. "There is no worse state for a free man than that of a blind faith; for such a faith engenders the true death of the spirit.
06] (Lamech:) That in this matter perhaps others also felt a little afflicted, I find quite natural as well as perfectly justified; because we all have indeed at least in certain points more or less weaknesses to recognize and because of this I find these kind of general wake-up calls not at all superfluous. For by this some will become aware of their weaknesses and may then in a good way let go of them, where otherwise they may remain with him until the end of his life.
07] By this I do not only want to excuse Henoch, but also you, o father, and also all your children; for the Lord has given to man the weaknesses to independently prove himself, and therefore our spiritual freedom is subject to these weaknesses, and we can only become perfectly free in the spirit through the recognition and defeat of the same.
08] Because the weaknesses in us are a deliberately incomplete part of our being by the Lord, which we have to complete ourselves, to thereby reaffirming and justifying the divine likeness of our spirit in ourselves, and thus establishing by ourselves a truly free life for ever.
09] But if we prefer to conceal our weaknesses, rather than to carry them as disclosed in us, we only harm ourselves and have to blame ourselves, if in the end we perish by them! (HHG vol. 3, chap. 110)
72. THE RIGHT KIND OF ZEAL
 Roclus says: “Yes, Lord and Master over all beings and things, now, through this most merciful explanation of Yours, everything has indeed taken on a different light, and now some
previously incomprehensible puzzles have been fully cleared up for me! Yes, I am now beginning to understand a little what a person actually is, and what he has to seek and achieve in the world and according to Your words can also achieve and must actually achieve! Yes, now it’s then indeed a highly blessed easy task to keep Your commandments and to literally fulfill Your will; for now we see and can actually touch with our hands what we must receive necessarily from You! For if I see a place even still far away from me and I walk in a straight direction towards that place, I must certainly reach it in the end!
 But I can now do nothing other than to thank You above all with all my strength of life for such effort of Yours with me and assure You that I am and will remain Your very most conscientious disciple. I also give You the fullest assurance that I will do everything in order to cleanse our institute from all the old slag and lies of the world, and in the future nothing more
will be undertaken but alone what can correspond to Your teaching, oh Lord and Master!
 Now I already feel a power that I have never felt before in me, from which in the firm trust in You all mountains bow and through which all the dead must rise up from their graves! What will follow then if my future life is entirely Your will, and to what power will our institute rise if all the members of it become one in sense and in will?!
 Therefore no hesitation any longer! Up, and all hands to action for this new work set by God! Whoever hesitates commits a crudest sin against the salvation of the whole of humanity on the whole Earth!”
 I said: “Your enthusiasm is now quite right, and you will also achieve what you are now planning; but this present enthusiasm of yours is still very similar to grass fire, which also immediately fares up in powerful flames, so that one thinks: if things continue so, in a few moments the whole Earth will burn! But in a few moments there is an end to the great grass fire, and afterwards one hardly notices where the easy great pile of grass had been burning!
 True enthusiasm increases like light and warmth of the rising sun. If the light and the warmth of the sun appeared in the morning like the midday glare in Africa, it would be very destructive for all the plants and animals, which every good and experienced farmer can see already from the so-called glimpse of the sun.
4. HEAVEN AND HELL
 Says hereupon Philopold: “Lord, I and certainly we all thank You from the bottom of our hearts for this fantastic and most superb clarification about the teaching of the old sages. Yes, now the matter it is evident and clear after sounding like total nonsense before. Sure enough I shall understand and perceive all this only fully when I shall be free of all elements of matter.
 But for now it is enough to see how one can be according to the fullest truth totally outside the notions of time and space while at the same time being within time and space. There is only one more thing I would like to learn from You, namely, the whereabouts of both heaven and the loathsome hell, of which I have also heard and read much. It says: These will ascend to heaven, and those will be cast down into hell. Where and what is the ‘above’, and where and what the extremely deplorable ‘below’?”
 Says the Lord: “Look, on this chair on which you are sitting, heaven and hell can be firmly side by side here on earth. Yet in the realm of spirit they are separated by an immense chasm. –
 Here, where I am now with you, is the uppermost heaven, meaning ‘above’, and here also the deepest and worst hell, meaning ‘below’.
 The material whereabouts do not matter, but only the spiritual which, as you have seen, have nothing at all in common with the material whereabouts, for in the realm of spirit only the inner state of life determines the true and genuine distance. There the material-spatial cannot ever be of any significance. To make this even more comprehensible for you, I will give you a few examples.
 Imagine two people sitting here on one and the same chair. One is a pious sage whose bright spirit, full of light, is initiated into very many secrets about the effects of the divine forces in nature. The other is a hardened criminal who rests his limbs on the same chair or on the same bench and let’s himself be served, like an honest man, with wine and bread to restore his strength, so that he can all the more easily perpetrate some evil deed once he is again outdoors. How closely together the two men are in a material-spatial sense and how infinitely far apart in spirit!
 On the other hand, assuming that our sage were sitting with us here on this bench and at the same time, somewhere a thousand leagues from here, another, these two like sages would be very far apart materially-spatially, yet in the realm of spirit they would nevertheless be very close together, as is literally the case in My Kingdom.
 Look, the One in Me who is now speaking to you, spoke also like this to the first human pair of this Earth and gave them the same commandments which I now again give to you people who have completely forgotten the one true God and Lord. However, the people who were gifted with a completely free will, let themselves all too easily be blinded by the world and its tempting spirit. They fled away from God and did whatever they pleased. By that, their souls became darkened and their heart became hardened.
 I always sent messengers from the Heavens to teach the blinded people, but only a few paid attention to them. The great mass of people did not want to hear them or know about them.
 From time to time, by My Spirit, I awakened men and younglings who taught the people and who made every effort to bring them back to the old truth. Only a few listened to them, and still less people reacted on it. The great mass of people however, persecuted them, tortured them and even killed them.
 I also did not refrain from visiting a too degenerated people with great and small chastisements and judgments. However, also these brought only a few to a short time of improvement, but all too soon, again the evil worldly spirit came instead of Me.
 When at the time of Moses, the Israeli people received again laws from Me on the Sinai in the desert, under lightning, thunder and fire, they first listened with fear and trembling to My good words that could be heard from afar, but when the preaching lasted a longer time, the people became partly used to it and did not care much about it anymore. Another part had enough of My continuous teaching and asked Me to reveal My will only to Moses instead of to the whole people. They would hear and obey that will from him. However, in the mean time the people wanted to leave Mount Sinai because it was too turbulent there and they wanted to build their dwelling huts in a valley that was far away from there.
 After much begging, it was permitted to the people. But it did not take long before the people forgot Me and the great events on the Mount Sinai entirely, molded a calf from the great quantity of gold that they brought from Egypt, danced around it and gave it godly honor.
4. Then Emmanuel said to Seth and all the others the following: "Seth, behold, I purify you all because of the truth of your words. But your truth is naked as you are before Me. Therefore, clothe your hearts with free love for Me that you may become alive! For I can give you everything, except the free love of your hearts for Me. This I cannot give to anyone. And if I did this, what would your love be worth?
5. "I tell you, it would be nothing but an alien impulse compelling you against your will to love and, thus, worship Me.
6. "I created you as free humans and children and endowed each one with his own share of love which produces the life within you. You have to seize Me with this your own free love, only then will you take hold of the life within you.
7. "I have given everyone a fair share just as a living germ originating in love has been laid into every grain of seed. When the seed is planted in the earth the dew of love gathers around it. This dew destroys the flesh enclosing the living germ and this becomes free. Once the germ is free it begins avidly to absorb the surrounding dew of love and life, keeps growing and soon forcefully breaks through the soil and freely rises upwards striving after the light of the sun. In such freedom it grows stronger and, finally, from the almost invisible little germ there develops a mightily strong tree full of life throughout and thus full of a thousand fold fruit. And all the life within it is a life characteristic of this tree bringing forth its kind a thousand fold.
8. "Now ask yourselves whether this is not the case with your own free love that is a true germ of eternal life in your flesh which latter is equivalent to the matter of the grain of seed.
9. "My Word and My love for you is the love-dew and does with you as does the dew with the grain of seed in the soil. So absorb My Word into your being that it may destroy your worldliness and then truly free your love, which is the true everlasting life. Only in this free life will you become useful fruit trees and be able to perform life's duties towards life. But now your sole task consists in becoming alive and free in the true love for Me. Only thereby will you become truly alive in Me and through Me, your true, eternal, holy Father. Amen. (HHG vol 1, chap. 142)
 I said: “But he also has a free will, and therefore, he can also stay or go, how and when he wants. And you have seen that I even allowed the devils, according to their will, to move into the swine. And so, I also allow this man, who among you is a devil, to stay or to go, because as far as I am concerned, every human being and spirit is completely free. But by his actions, everyone takes also care of his own reward. If one wants to become an angel or a devil, is free to everyone. (GGJ Book 19, chap.23)
1. “Behold, I am omnipotent, and whatever I think must happen at once, if I will it. Were I to desire a million people in front of Me, they would be here instantly. They would even speak and act wisely and look like the most beautiful Seraphim. They would even embrace you in all love and eagerly serve you – and yet they would be completely dead within themselves, because whatever they did or said I would be doing Myself. For there could be no life in them other than what I wanted for a judged duration. If I then no longer wanted these make-believe life-beings, they would at once be gone.
93. SELF-DETERMINATION OF THE SOUL
 (Raphael): “If the Lord let’s man care for his own physical needs so that the soul can practice self-recognition and act independently, how much more this is necessary for the soul itself.
 Even the souls of animals have an instinct of their own implanted, according to which they act, each in its own way. It would be wrong to assume that these creatures, which are seemingly without speech and reason, perform their actions like machines activated by an extrinsic force. If this were the case, even the best domestic animal could not be trained to perform the simplest task and would certainly not obey the call of man.
 Since every animal has an individual soul possessing a separate vital force, by means of which the animal soul spontaneously activates its physical organism, an animal can be trained in different ways. A being that is animated merely from without has no memory nor is it capable of discernment. It lives mechanically and, where its aspirations are concerned, is limited and under judgment, so much so that any improvement through some kind of instruction is out of the question. That would also have to be done in a mechanical way from without.
 You may tell a tree for a thousand years to stand in such and such a way and produce better fruit, but it will all be of no avail. You must put knife and saw into action, cut off wild branches,
carefully split the stems and insert into them fresh branches of a better kind and then connect these well with the wild split stems. The in this way mechanically grafted tree will then in the course of time produce better fruit.
 Yet you can train an animal even through words or through a special way of handling, and it will serve you as and when required and fully comply with your will. This gives you unmistakable proof that animals also have a kind of free will, without which they could no more obey and serve you than a stone or a tree.
 If already animals evidently possess an individual soul endowed with some cognition and freedom of will that has to act independently according to its own nature, to what higher degree, and how much more exclusively, this must be the case with a human soul. There can be for the present no question of any external, alien influences, either good or, even less, bad.
Since in the animal kingdom and in the whole organization of the telluric life an order prevails, where to this very day every living being still fulfills the purpose for which it was once created by Me, the dark side of material life must turn out to be the exact opposite. For there, life is bound, instinctive, and here, it is an unfettered, free life, where man did not follow the roads designated by Me and, therefore, has to atone for that which his free will has prepared for him.
In all your states, in all your newspapers one raves about “progress”, and “broad -mindedness” is everyone’s catchword. But as little as mankind understands this freedom, also the nations fail to understand the great difference between absolute freedom and freedom conforming to law. The charlatans in your newspapers are demanding even “more freedom”, want no restraints and no laws. But these imbeciles fail to understand that, even if they had all imaginable freedom to act that is possible in this world, they would still not be satisfied. For they neither know nor appreciate the spirit which I laid into the soul of man.
This freedom, which all people musingly seek, goes far beyond matter, to regions where everything moves and lives in spirit. This freedom of thought, of action, is the eternal impulse which demands a continual progress and recognizes its life and its purpose only in the same.
So you short-sighted human beings believe that I, a Spirit without beginning and end, Lord of an infinite creation, gave you this spark of Myself only for this brief earthly life, where millions of people do not know how they came into it and how they left it?
Do you think that this Spirit is satisfied with the achievements attainable by you here on earth, or that its craving is appeased at once in the beyond?
Why an eternal life, if a few moment of earthly Life and several short spaces of time in the spheres of the spirit-realm were adequate? No, the urge for freedom, of the free will, which I placed in all spirits, has a spiritual and far more profound meaning. However, you must accept this freedom as one subordinate to My will, where all the spirits are animated and guided not by coercion, but by the conviction that progress is possible only thus and not otherwise. For I am the most perfect Spirit, and so every one of My decrees can only bear the stamp of order.
This freedom has no limitations as to its sphere of action. It explains what goes on throughout all the worlds and what I meant when I created man in My image. You must become familiar with such thoughts, must ponder and learn to grasp them, and you will, beyond all the human difficulties of your social life, behold another sphere where alone your spirit receives the genuine consecration of truth. And you will begin to learn that even misfortune and suffering have their useful side, since in My Household nothing can occur, nothing can happen which did not have to serve towards universal progress. (Secrets of life, chap. 29)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts