1. “You certainly said plenty about the licensing of regents through grace, but you omitted to say that there are bad nations not made bad by the politics of bad regents, but who became worse than bad through themselves. This I could well demonstrate to you through countless examples and later shall also do. […]
2. “You say: ‘Peoples and nations cannot be blamed it they become evil, as it is the fault of bad schooling and upbringing; and that they are bad because of bad, selfish and domineering regents, and that these bad regents in turn are God’s fault! Oh, I don’t wish to deny that there are bad regents, and that no nation has ever been ruined by them!
3. “But neither shall you be able to say that the most righteous Deity has never punished a bad regent! Go through the history of the human race from the beginning, and it will show that thousands of regents were most severely punished for bad leadership of their entrusted subjects.
4. “Notwithstanding this, experience at all terrestrial times has shown that in general, the people were better and more manageable under tyrants than under good and gentle regents. Wherefore also the Deity usually puts bad regents over nations, so that the people, after becoming evil, should have a rod over them. They are to therewith done a true repentance sackcloth and reform, whereupon the Deity will without fail give them better regents, and always did so.” (From Hell to Heaven vol. 1, chap. 24)
1. Say I furthermore: “But when, under a good regent, a nation during years blessed with peace, becomes too casual and sensual of nature, thinking only of how to prepare a heaven on Earth for its flesh, – behold: this a Deity, concerned for every man’s spiritual welfare, can no longer tolerate, and that because an earthly flesh heaven, in accordance with God’s primeval order, always brings with it the death of a spirit; as it is with a boy who from the cradle always has lived in comfort, having very little spiritual sense, so it is with a nation that is terrestrially too well off.
2. “Go to the palaces of the rich and examine their education, and you shall see that rarely will a divine heart orientation be at home there. Then go to a poor countryman’s cottage, and you will find him amidst his loved ones blessing the frugal bread. This man prays out of his spirit, hence bringing up his children spiritually, lifting them up to God. The rich man’s god however is his flesh, which he worships through all kinds of relishes, thus raising up his children only for the flesh. Such upbringing however cannot possibly please God, because the holy purpose for which god created man cannot be achieved therewith.
3. “And so it is also with an entire population. If same is well off on Earth, it increases in hedonism. Being too well off, it ultimately forgets the true God completely, making either itself or what most pleases its senses into a God. And this has at all times been the ground for idolatry!
4. “Of course you say to yourself: ‘what is the purpose of God’s supreme wisdom and omnipotence, if it cannot prevent this?’. But I say unto you: ‘if the Deity were to judge the absolutely free-to-be spirits with its omnipotence, then that would be the end of freedom eternally! For omnipotence would then, instead of the freest spirits, come up with only judged play-dolls and never self-determining spirits completely independent of God, becoming gods themselves in their perfection.’
5. “Concerning the effect of divine wisdom, this puts in place such conditions for deviant mankind as will enable it to be put back on the right path to their destiny. This indeed also is a judgement and, as-it-were, a coercion, but only touching the outward man, to enable the inner to awaken that much sooner. Omnipotence however judges and kills the entire man!
6. “Think therefore whether you still have the right to blame the Deity, as if It did nothing for mankind, or if anything, then only something hard, loveless and evil!
7. “Do you still consider Earth-life so deplorable? Is in your opinion its inventor a Being who has no cause to be proud of?
8. “I think that you must admit this if you possess only a spark of your own, and Hegel’s light; and from many experiences you must realise, that there is no true happiness upon transitory Earth; and this because, by their nature, all things of the outer world must with time be changeable, and ultimately only transitory!
5. “He who gathers treasures which cannot be destroyed by rust or moths, in accordance with My doctrine however, such alone can speak of true blessedness. For that which lasts forever surely will be better than that which is subject to the sharp teeth of time! (From Hell to Heaven vol. 1, chap. 25)
83. THE SWORD AS A MEANS OF CHASTISEMENT
FOR UNBELIEVING NATIONS
 (The Lord:) “There will be times when the wise will say about My word: ‘Lord, now it is truly difficult to be human; by threatened punishment one is not allowed to speak the truth, but only very secretly! However, this is what the false prophets want, is an obvious lie and therefore blasphemy! Lord, arm Yourself for once and move towards Your enemies, before they completely destroying Your field of life!’
 However, I will keep waiting and waiting and say to everyone who will in this way call upon Me: ‘Be patient for still a short while, until the given measure is full! Wait until the end and you will become blessed; since the compulsion of the world will cause you pure no harm to your souls, and you as My youngest children, who under all kind of hardship, need and misery have gone through the way of the flesh, will rest even closer to My heart in My kingdom, and I will make you the judges of the world and those, who have tormented you with need and hardship of all kinds without reason and right by Me!’
 In short, My true disciples will always be recognizable thereby, that they will love each other, like I’m loving you all, and that they never preach My name and My word with the sword!
 Yes, once a nation is standing completely in My light, and it would be threatened by stubborn, blind, outer heathen nations, who do not at all want to accept the faith in Me, but pursue with zeal and fury My lambs, then it is time to take up the sword and to scare away the wolves from the devout herds for good. However, once the sword is taken up in My name against the wolves, it then should be taken up with all seriousness, so that the wolves remember the sword which has seized them in My name. Since where the judgment in My name has risen, it should not have the appearance of only a half seriousness!
 Against blind heathens, whose souls are still too far away from My order and impossibly can understand My word, but otherwise follow their faith with a special zeal, the sword should only be set up as a guardian for the boundaries for as long the neighborly heathens begin to comply to My order; if this has taken place, brotherly unity and love should replace the sword.
 However, it is something completely different, if in future people, who from the very beginning were called the ‘the people of God’ and were taught and protected as such, -ah, if they persistently oppose this My teaching and will pursue it with the most evil and most selfish zeal, yes, against them there will be no other means than the most sharpest and severest sword! Woe them, if it is unleashed; then no stone will be left on top of each other, and the children in the mother’s womb will not be spared! And who wants to flee, the bow’s arrows will catch up with him and kill him, because out of selfishness and against his inner conviction, he wanted to become a murderer of My word and Me; since those against whom I will go to battle with the mine, will have to bear a tough fight, from which they never ever can emerge as victors!
 Now you also have the rule, how and when you in My name can use the sword! Have you understood all this quite well and correct?”
 Says Mathael: “Lord, You my only love, upon everything what was said and explained by You most mercifully, I do not find anything dark inside me anymore, and I now say from the deepest bottom of my heart the most life warmest thanks for it and would also like to thank You in advanced on behalf all those people and nations, which I, by my zeal, will win over for Your word and for Your kingdom!”
 Says Cyrenius: “Lord, the very same thanks also I bring to You and dare to make before You, o Lord, only a weak prophet by what You just have explained about the use of the sword, regarding the well-known people of God: they are very strongly represented in Jerusalem! Over this nation I already now want to hit an inhumane large cross; since they seem to be over ripefor the sharpest sword!”
 I said: “Not yet; they still short three masterpieces of the most inhumane evilness! Once they have also executed those despite all teachings and warnings, only then, friend, over this city and all its inhabitants your inhumane large cross will be hit with the sharpest sword! We want to be patient with those people for another forty-four years and a little above and will warn them before their downfall for another seven years by all kinds of messengers, by appearances of the dead and by many and large signs on the firmament! And, friend, should also all this be in vain, only then will your most inhumane sign in the largest and with the sharpest sword being hit above them! I wish it could be avoided!
 However, what still will be happening, only the Father knows, but no other being in the whole of infinity! To whom He will reveal it at the right time, will also know it!” (GGJ Book 10, chap. 83)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts