(Jonael, high priest in Sychar and Lord’s disciple:)
"4. If, however, the leaders act only from anger and a hellish vengefulness, then their effort is futile. Instead of healing the ones with sick souls to become true men, they are turned into devils, whose vengefulness in future no power will be able to appease.
5. For a time Satan can be restrained by might and force from above, but if the Lord - for the sake of arrogant men who think that by their power and wisdom consisting in relentless tyrannical severity they are capable of preserving the order that suits them - withdraws His might and frees Satan from his fetters, then there will be overnight an end to the power of those who imagine themselves so powerful. For the people who by such wrong treatment have been turned into real devils will like a swollen stream fall upon them and destroy them as if they had never existed.
6. The worst effect has capital punishment. For what is the use to kill a person’s body if one cannot keep this soul and spirit captive, wherein dwells the real force for acting and accomplishing?
7. Whoever believes that he has rid himself of his enemy when he has slain his body is smitten with tenfold blindness. For thereby he made for himself from a weak enemy whom he could see, a thousand invisible ones, who persecute him day and night and harm him in body, soul and spirit. . Look at a war where not seldom many thousands are bodily slain. The victor believes in his blindness that he has rid himself of his enemies whose bodies he has destroyed. But what a mighty error that is! The souls and spirits of the slain, thanks to their direct influence on the earth’s weather, devastate during several years the various crops thereby inevitably calling forth high cost of foods which causes famine and all kinds of fatal epidemics and pestilence. These then within a short time snatch away more people than soldiers of the enemy had been slain. Now weakened in the power his land should give him, he must, in order to exist, hire for a high price mercenaries from foreign lands. Thereby he and his land run into debt, and when after some years he has completely impoverished his land and people and can no longer pay his debts and soldiers, he will soon be persecuted and cursed from all sides. His people, whom he conquered, will, driven by excessive misery, rise against him and the external enemies will not let this opportunity pass and wage war on him. And he, the celebrated victor, will in such a fight never be crowned victor, but despair will seize him with the claws of a tiger and mangle him spiritually to the innermost fibre of his life.
9. And look, all this is the doings of bodily slain enemies.
10. Therefore, it is an ancient rule and custom that when a person is physically dying, all those close to him make their peace with him and have him bless them, for if he dies as somebody’s enemy, the one who survives him as his enemy is to be pitied. Firstly, the liberated soul will torment the survivor’s mind uninterruptedly through unbearable pangs of conscience and then it will arrange all the survivor’s earthly circumstances in such a way that he will hardly be able to get on in the world.
11. The Lord allows all this so that the offended souls may receive the satisfaction they demand and, besides, it is incalculably better for the survivor to be already in this material world tormented for his actions of pride than if he after the death of his body promptly fell into a hundred thousand hands of hostile spirits who would certainly not treat him kindly, as one completely inexperienced in that world.’ (GGJ I, 79)
"1. Say I, ‘Friend, if you interpret and understand My teaching in that way, then you are still very short-sighted! Jonael also already told you that in the case of combat initiated by God, or for unavoidable self-defence, the souls of people killed in those circumstances are immediately placed under severe judgment, preventing them from causing any effects upon either their rightful conquerors, or upon the earth itself. But if this is incontrovertibly the truth, from which you can clearly see where this matter stands, how can you counter My teaching with such misgivings?!
2. Who told you that real criminals, who often are worse than wild jungle beasts, should not be apprehended and secured?! This is already gainsaid by true love of neighbour, because if you are certain to kill a hyena with a sharp weapon if it attacks a human, so also you would leap to the aid of a just person if attacked by a robber-murderer in the open street, or in a house.
3. Since however such human hyenas, if proliferating, can endanger not only individual wanderers but entire districts, it is even the unavoidable duty for the powers that be to initiate hunts after such dangerous people, and securely imprison them. 4. Capital punishment shall be inflicted only upon those with whom during a period of ten years every means to achieve any true betterment has failed. If the criminal promises betterment on the scaffold for execution, he shall be allowed another year. But if also then there is no improvement, the execution is to take place, for in that case the betterment on earth of such a man cannot be expected and it is preferable to remove him from this earth.
5. If, however, the lawful authority in power wishes, in agreement with the community, to change such a criminal’s well-deserved death-penalty to life-imprisonment and continue their efforts at betterment, they have the right to do so and I will not call them to account for it.
6. These types of enemies of those men living in accordance with My teaching have no retroactive power after their physical death. This is a recourse open only to spirits who, whilst striving for higher aims on earth, nevertheless were killed in a most cruel fashion by tyrannising, exceedingly arrogant and self-seeking and domineering and hence illegitimate rulers!
7. Where such executions, bereft of all finer feelings, make enemies through such judicially most unjust proceedings, then such enemies shall as spirits take revenge on these executioners, because I grant retroaction to such spirits, but never to basically evil spirits!" (GGJ I, chp. 81)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts