12.(Enoch:) "So you, Thubalkain, be my dear brother in spirit!
13. "Bend your heart alone before God, love Him above all and me, your brother, as yourself, and you have done everything that is honest and proper before God and the world.
14. "You have also taken a wife, - which is right and proper; however, cohabiting with your own sister was an abomination before God. This, the first children of Adam were allowed to do at a time when God had not yet separated the blood, there being thus only one blood and one flesh.
15. "However, as gradually mankind increased in number, God segregated the blood lest it soon deteriorate and die out.
16. "For that reason the degrees of blood relationship were more and more determined, due to which rule no one is allowed without God's special permission to take a wife in the first degree (of relationship. Transl.), but only in the second, third and so forth; so the more remote the relationship, the more proper the choice.
17. "You have now taken a wife from a very remote branch; thus you have acted well and properly also in this and may bring her here so that also I may bless you." (HHG vol. 2, chap. 222)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts