6. When Lamech had heard this from Brudal, he at once turned to Enoch and addressed the following words to him, saying: "Listen, mighty friend of the Lord! You are surely also seeing what makes me nearly expire with amazement; do tell me how this can be. For it is true that all things are possible to the Lord and great things to you through Him, - but turning my poor fruits into these fine ones, look, this is incomprehensible to me.
7. "It will be an easy thing for the Lord to create the most wonderful, finest fruits in the way of His eternal order; but is it not against His holy order to make the finest and very best out of the poorest? In short, this matter is to me too obscure and thus too incomprehensible; so enlighten me on it.”
8. And Enoch smiled at Lamech and said to him: „O dear brother, you are getting excited asking about a lock of sheep's wool; but you seem to miss the point.
9. "You now ask me in your heart saying: 'What is this important point, and where is it?'
10. "You said just now it seemed to you that the Lord owing to His eternal, holy order could not create precious and good things out of bad things.
11. "Did you not hear that the Lord when He created them called all things good? Where, then, are the bad supposed to be?
12. "I tell you: Nothing in the world is bad except man when he turns in his heart from the Lord; and if man is so wicked and bad, then the whole world is for him wicked and bad.
13. "If you are pure within your heart, everything will be pure for you, that is, you will behold everything in truth; but if your heart is impure, everything will be to you like your heart.
Answers to Faith-Related Issues
confirming the Christian Scriptures, clarifying and expanding them with still unknown spiritual knowledge