« 7. Therefore, all of you should not be just idle hearers of My ?Word, but diligent doers, only then will you begin to notice its blessings within you.
8. For life is action and not stagnation of the powers on which life depends. And so life must be preserved even for eternity through the constant activity of all its powers, for in the lying-down-to-rest there is no permanent life.
9. The certain feeling of well-being you gain from rest is nothing else but a partial death of the powers needed for living. The person who then increasingly enjoys the inactive rest, especially of the spiritual life-powers, thereby also slides ever more into the arms of actual death from which no God will easily free him.
10. Oh yes, there does also exist a proper rest full of life, but that is in God and for everyone an indescribably blissful feeling of contentment to be active in accordance with God’s will.
11. The is most blissful feeling of contentment and the clearest realisation to have always truly acted according to the order of God is that proper rest in god which alone is full of life because it is full of energy and respective action. Every other rest that consists in the ceasing of the life-powers is, as already mentioned, an actual death to the point to which the various life-forces have withdrawn from activity and no longer resumed it. Do you understand this?’[…]
14. And just as the body gradually dies off through too much sleep, in the same way, but on a larger scale this apples to the soul if it increasingly slackens in its activity according to My Word and will.
15. Once idleness has made itself at home in a soul there soon follows also depravity. For idleness is nothing else but a self-indulging love which all the more flees any activity for someone else’s sake because it basically want only one thing, namely, ,that all others should work for its benefit.
16. Therefore, beware particularly of idleness, for this is an actual see for all kinds of vices.» (GGJ vol. I, Chap. 220)
« 6. Only activity upon activity for the common good of people brings you salvation. For all life is the fruit of God’s constant, never tiring activity and therefore can only be maintained and preserved for eternity through proper activity whereas nothing but death does and must result from inactivity.
7. Place your hands on your heart and feel how it is constantly active day and night. The life of the body depends solely on such activity. Once the heart stops, that would mean the end of the natural life of the body, I should say.
8. And just as the rest of the physical heart obviously constitutes the total death of the body, this same rest of the soul’s heart is the death of the soul.
9. The heart of the soul, however, is called love, and its pulsating expresses itself in true and full love-activity.
10. Thus constant love-activity is the never wearying pulse beat of the soul’s heart. The more actively the heart of the soul pulsates, the more life is generated in the soul and once thereby a sufficiently high degree of life, this awakens therein the life of the divine spirit.
11. This - as the very life, because the untiring supreme activity itself - then flows into the soul that has become equal to it through love activity, and everlasting imperishable life has fully commenced within the soul.
12. And look, all this arises from activity, but never from idle rest.
13. Therefore, shun rest and seek full activity, and eternal life will be your reward. » (Chap. 221, vol I, GGJ)
Messages for Lord's children
receiving Father's love and wisdom and living accordingly