But this is also the basis of the sad faith of your pagan-Christian side, according to which the love of God lasts only as long as man lives in this world. Once he has died in his body and merely exists there in soul and spirit, the immutable, terribly strict, punitive angry righteousness of God takes immediate effect, in which there is no talk of everlasting love and mercy.
 If man, through his way of life, deserves heaven, he will not go to heaven because of the Divine love, but only according to the Divine justice, of course, through his own good and pleasing mercy. But if man has not lived thus, eternal damnation is present immediately, from which salvation is never to be expected. In other words, man say that there is some stupid Father who has set up a law in His household against His children, which means:
 I give complete freedom to all my children from birth until their seventh year. During this time you should enjoy all my love without distinction. After the seventh year, however, I withdraw my love from all the children and from then on I either want to judge you or make you happy. Those who, as minor children, have kept my heavy laws, from the seventh year onwards shall enjoy their highest pleasure. But those who, in the course of the seven years, have not completely improved one atom according to my great law, from now on are to be forever cursed and rejected from my, the father's, house. - Say, what would you say to such a cruel donkey of a father? Would not that be more than the most shameful tyranny of all tyrants?
 But if you were to find such a man indescribably foolish, bad, and evil, how horribly nonsensical must those men be who can ascribe even far worse things to God, who is the Supreme Love and Wisdom Himself!
 What did the Lord do on the cross as the sole Divine Wisdom, since, by manner of speech, He was as if separated from the eternal Love? He, as Wisdom, and as such the foundation of all righteousness, turned Himself to the Father or the eternal Love, not calling for just vengeance, but He implores Love to forgive all these abusers, including the high priests and Pharisees their deeds, for they did not know what they were doing!
 So this is what Divine justice does for itself. Should the infinite Divine Love then begin to condemn where the Divine justice implores the still infinitely more merciful Love for mercy?
20. Here the Lord stepped up to Lamech, regarded him with great friendliness and said to him:
21. "My dear Lamech, with what miserable thoughts, totally unworthy of Me, are you tormenting your heart?
22. "How can you imagine an angry God?
23. "Behold, love and wrath are the greatest opposites a fully alive spirit with the profoundest insight can imagine!
24. "Love is the forever all-preserving principle, - and wrath the forever all-destructive one.
25. "Hence, if ever any wrath were possible in Me, it would surely soon destroy all love and with it all that was created by it, - in the end even consuming itself!
26. "Look, now everything is still there; where then should be My wrath?
27. "Of course, a man can become angry, for he is owing to his freedom trial a being alienated from Me and thus at times an opposite to Me, wherefore he can reunite with Me only through love for Me, - but I, as the purest love, am totally incapable of wrath.
28. "Once upon a time the love in Me was surrounded by wrath; but then infinity was still devoid of all created beings, both spiritual and material.
29. "But love seized the wrath oppressing it and set it substantially outside of itself.
30. "And behold, out of this wrath were created all the innumerable spirits, suns and worlds, this earth and all there is in it;
31. Therefore, if you want to see the wrath of God in reality, look at the created things; they represent the wrath of God.
32. "But they are by no means only a wrath, for My love is everywhere their mightiest component.
33. This holds and carries everything, and there is no other might, which would be stronger than it.
34. "Therefore, man shall not cling to the world, but shall extricate himself from it completely so as not to be devoured by it in the end and thus be open to My wrath. For the world is my fettered wrath; but whoever is with the world, is also prone to its fetters of eternal death.
35. ''That which you would regard as 'wrath' so to speak, behold, is only My divine, most active zeal of love, which as such is My mercy.
36. ''Thus you may say before Me whatever you like and I shall not be angry with you but shall throw light upon your foolish queries. (HHG vol. 1, chap. 231)
Received through Gottfried Mayerhofer on July 18, 1875
Several years after the death of Jakob Lorber, Gottfried Mayerhofer, who lived in Trieste, received valuable additional dictation from the Lord. The following text deals with part of the Apocalypse and deals with the coded language which John used.
Why such a coded language? The Lord has a very simple and convincing reason: “Had I as God of Love caused the entire process of development up to this day to be written in a language common to you, the words would have died away and nobody would have cared for their spiritual meaning.”
[The Lord Jesus:] “This Revelation of John or – I prefer to say - this picture of manners for the entire period, which came over your earth after My transition into the domain of the spirits (until now and My return) - this revelation has been explained, explored and set forth by many a person who presumed to be learned, but so far no one has found the right key to open up the chapters of this Holy Word, nor to judge correctly the happenings and periods, all of which had to happen after My ascent, as long as man, a free being, was lord over his own actions.
Now, that we have almost reached the fulfillment of the entire prophecy and most of it is already over, I will explain to you this Revelation step by step in order that you may be able to judge for yourselves how far all of them were away from the real meaning by attempting to find out the literal sense of what can be expressed only by correspondence.
As long as man does not comprehend the interpretation or the spiritual meaning of words (called correspondence), it is useless to attempt the grasping My Words in their innermost sense.
The True Christianity
New Revelation support for the Scriptures