After this speech and holy instruction by Abedam (N.B.: in whom the Lord is manifest), Horidael, overwhelmed by his immense feeling of gratitude, fell down before Abedam weeping for great love and the joy arising from it And there was no one on the height whose heart and eyes remained dry.
2. But, disregarding all this, Abedam forthwith bade Horidael get up, saying:
3. "Horidael, arise! If you are in your heart full of love and humility, it is more than enough gratitude -- and lying on the ground can be fully dispensed with.
4. "For as far as outward gestures are concerned they are before Me an abomination rather than a virtue pleasing to Me, - particularly if someone might think the tears of the eye brought about by a painful moment to be sufficient for Me, when the heart had previously occupied itself very little with Me; or other pious looking physical gestures, of which the soul's heart and its indwelling spirit are often totally unaware and which are, therefore, not in the least heeded, unless there were a truly living and humble cause for such pious physical gestures.
5. "But I say to you and to all that I am a most perfect Spirit.
6. “Therefore, whoever does not come to Me in the spirit of his love entreating and thanking Me in the same spirit of love, verily, I shall not look upon him and grant his request until he has humbled himself completely and entered his inner world, bringing Me a new, living sacrifice of pure love in the heart of his soul where the living spirit dwells, an ancient descendant of My eternal Love!
7. "Since it cannot be said that your spirit is ignorant of all that has happened and is still happening, the opposite being the case, so that as a spirit you are now a complete master in your house (body) and, therefore, love Me in all your parts, what meaning is the lying on the ground supposed to have?
 These words of Mine helped, and the speaker went to Me and said: “O Holy One. Then how do you want that we, poor sinful men, would invoke You?”
 I said: “I am Lord and Master, so invoke and speak to Me also as such. More is really not necessary. But do not come to Me anymore with the expression ‘Holy One’, for I am here just as you only as a Human Being and I say to you that no one is holy but God’s Spirit alone. It is true that it lives in Me, but this is for the time being of no concern to you. But when you yourselves will be born again in this Spirit, only then it will be your concern, and then you will understand its holiness.
 When men in their blindness will call God ‘holy, holy, holy’, it will look miserable among them. Whoever wants to call upon God in this way, must first be filled with this Spirit himself, otherwise his call is useless and foolish, and it resembles the call of the pagans who are tied up and fettered by the judgment of the sins of the world, and can thus impossibly perceive nor understand the eternal, infinite freedom in God, which actually is that holiness.
 That is why I am – as long as you are still living in the judgment of the world – surely your Lord and Master, but when you yourselves in My Spirit have become seeing, being free and aware, only then you will recognize God in Me and will call Him ‘Holy Father’. But then you will not, as now, call out with the mouth, but in yourself from the living spirit, for God is in Himself Spirit and can therefore only be called and worshipped in the spirit and in the living and enlightened free truth. (GGJ Book 20, chap. 53)
" Now you should only believe all that, but when your faith has become alive through works, then by your living faith you will begin to envision it, to feel it yourself and to be deeply convinced to know, and that is much better for the soul of man than when he only accepts something, being convinced of the truth after he has made the truth his own through his own seeking and searching with great difficulty by way of experience.
 It is true that such a seeking and zealously searching soul is also worth of his salary because every worker is worth of his salary, but if a soul believes and acts according to the truth that he has – let us say – heard from God’s mouth, this is better, because by that he unites through love My Spirit with himself, and that can
– and also does – give him in 1 hour more of the most lightened wisdom than what he can acquire by way of very personal investigation in 100 years time. But for this reason, a pious, believing soul should not set aside the right seeking and searching, because every person should investigate everything that he hears from men and keep that which is good and which consequently is also always true. But that which has been revealed by Myself to men, which is easily recognizable, man should not have to investigate it thoroughly. He only should believe it and act accordingly, then he very soon will see the active result.
You will always receive what you will ask the Father in Me in My name... The people who honor and pray to Me with the lips, but their heart is far away from Me
" But now the question is how we should pray to You, so that You would hear us and help us. If we now would ask from You, while You are present, for something good, then You also would quickly and easily answer our prayer, but what will happen when You will not be personally present as You are now? Then how should we ask?”
 I said: “This question of yours looks still very Pharisaic. If you actively believe in Me, you will always receive what you will ask the Father in Me in My name. My personal visible presence is not necessary for that, for in spirit I am present everywhere and I see and hear everything, and everything – from the greatest to the smallest – I know very precisely and clearly.
 So if you will ask Me for something, in spirit and in the full truth, I will certainly also hear and answer you, but a prayer as it is custom with you, namely with the lips and in mysterious words, I will not answer.
The True Christianity
New Revelation support for the Scriptures