St. Luke XI, 14-28: " And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered. But some of the said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils. And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven. But he knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth. If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? Because he say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub. And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges. But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armor wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils. He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return upon my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter ill, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. And It came to pass, as he spake of these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto Him. Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." (June 27, 1872)
"In order to understand and appreciate this deed, you must first know how the devils get into a person and what they are in reality, so that the casting out can become comprehensible to you.
To make this clear to you, I must go far back and lead you into earlier eons when there was no material world as yet but only the realm of spirits.
Out of presumption and defiance, the first angel, as the bearer of light into the farthest spaces of the heaven of spirits, abused his might and - together with his adherents - rebelled against Me. And since he and his accomplices had no intention of ever returning, they were banned into matter and compelled to set out on the long road of progressive purification in order to return to their once better state. This process of purification is still on today until all will have again become what they once were, namely, recognizers of My might and love and active promoters of My great plan of creation.
1. The tiny country or rather district we came to was inhabited by a small race known as the Gergenese or Gadarenes, which occupied the entire opposite length of the sea of Galilee.
2. When we had all stepped ashore there and were about to head for the small town of Gadara, situated on a rise some six thousand paces from our landing place, there came running, from a hill topped by this town's cemetery, opposite the town and along the seas, two naked men of a terribly contorted appearance, who were possessed by an entire legion of spirits, of such fierceness that hardly anyone could get through along this road because of them [Mt. 8:28]. Their dwelling place were the graves of the above cemetery. None could catch or shackle them with chains. Because even where a crowd of the strongest people managed to subdue them, putting them in heavy chains and shackles, the chains were broken instantly and the shackles pulverised! They were on the hill and in the graves day and night, screaming dreadfully, and mightily beating themselves with the stones.
3. When these two became aware of Myself among the disciples however, they ran straight towards Me, falling down before Me and yelling, 'What have we to do with thee, thou son of the most high?! Art thou come to torment us before the time?! We beseech thee by the most high not to torment us.' [Mt. 8:29].
4. But I rebuked them, saying, 'What do you evil spirit, tormenting these two as one man, call yourself?'
5. And the evil one cried, 'My name is legion, for there are many of us!'
The True Christianity
New Revelation support for the Scriptures