Support for Christianity
1. The tiny country or rather district we came to was inhabited by a small race known as the Gergenese or Gadarenes, which occupied the entire opposite length of the sea of Galilee.
2. When we had all stepped ashore there and were about to head for the small town of Gadara, situated on a rise some six thousand paces from our landing place, there came running, from a hill topped by this town's cemetery, opposite the town and along the seas, two naked men of a terribly contorted appearance, who were possessed by an entire legion of spirits, of such fierceness that hardly anyone could get through along this road because of them [Mt. 8:28]. Their dwelling place were the graves of the above cemetery. None could catch or shackle them with chains. Because even where a crowd of the strongest people managed to subdue them, putting them in heavy chains and shackles, the chains were broken instantly and the shackles pulverised! They were on the hill and in the graves day and night, screaming dreadfully, and mightily beating themselves with the stones.
3. When these two became aware of Myself among the disciples however, they ran straight towards Me, falling down before Me and yelling, 'What have we to do with thee, thou son of the most high?! Art thou come to torment us before the time?! We beseech thee by the most high not to torment us.' [Mt. 8:29].
4. But I rebuked them, saying, 'What do you evil spirit, tormenting these two as one man, call yourself?'
5. And the evil one cried, 'My name is legion, for there are many of us!'
6. But I commanded the evil one to depart from these two! Instantly a vast number of evil spirits departed visibly from the two, in the shape of large, black flies, but pleading with Me that I would not drive them out of this district!
7. There was along the hills straddling the sea however a great herd of swine belonging to the Gadarenes; because this little race, consisting mostly of Greeks, ate the flesh of these animals, trading therewith mainly with Greece. [Mt. 8:30].
8. When the evil spirits spotted these pigs, they once again implored Me for their entering into this herd. [Mt. 8:31].
9. And when I acceded to their request, for reasons secret and concealed from the world, the devils instantly entered the pigs, some two thousand in all.
10. As soon as the devils had entered the swine, these animals ran up a hill which ended with a great cliff jutting into the sea, with a sheer drop of about three hundred yards, with all the two thousand swine properly storming into the sea, where it was very deep. [Mt. 8:32].
11. When however the shepherds who watched over the swine saw what had taken place with the possessed, they fled appalled, rushing into town, telling especially their employers what took place down at sea. [Mt. 8:33].” (GGJ I, chp. 104)
The True Christianity
New Revelation support for the Scriptures