Since in the animal kingdom and in the whole organization of the telluric life an order prevails, where to this very day every living being still fulfills the purpose for which it was once created by Me, the dark side of material life must turn out to be the exact opposite. For there, life is bound, instinctive, and here, it is an unfettered, free life, where man did not follow the roads designated by Me and, therefore, has to atone for that which his free will has prepared for him.
In all your states, in all your newspapers one raves about “progress”, and “broad -mindedness” is everyone’s catchword. But as little as mankind understands this freedom, also the nations fail to understand the great difference between absolute freedom and freedom conforming to law. The charlatans in your newspapers are demanding even “more freedom”, want no restraints and no laws. But these imbeciles fail to understand that, even if they had all imaginable freedom to act that is possible in this world, they would still not be satisfied. For they neither know nor appreciate the spirit which I laid into the soul of man.
This freedom, which all people musingly seek, goes far beyond matter, to regions where everything moves and lives in spirit. This freedom of thought, of action, is the eternal impulse which demands a continual progress and recognizes its life and its purpose only in the same.
So you short-sighted human beings believe that I, a Spirit without beginning and end, Lord of an infinite creation, gave you this spark of Myself only for this brief earthly life, where millions of people do not know how they came into it and how they left it?
Do you think that this Spirit is satisfied with the achievements attainable by you here on earth, or that its craving is appeased at once in the beyond?
Why an eternal life, if a few moment of earthly Life and several short spaces of time in the spheres of the spirit-realm were adequate? No, the urge for freedom, of the free will, which I placed in all spirits, has a spiritual and far more profound meaning. However, you must accept this freedom as one subordinate to My will, where all the spirits are animated and guided not by coercion, but by the conviction that progress is possible only thus and not otherwise. For I am the most perfect Spirit, and so every one of My decrees can only bear the stamp of order.
This freedom has no limitations as to its sphere of action. It explains what goes on throughout all the worlds and what I meant when I created man in My image. You must become familiar with such thoughts, must ponder and learn to grasp them, and you will, beyond all the human difficulties of your social life, behold another sphere where alone your spirit receives the genuine consecration of truth. And you will begin to learn that even misfortune and suffering have their useful side, since in My Household nothing can occur, nothing can happen which did not have to serve towards universal progress. (Secrets of life, chap. 29)
4. But Abedam turned to them and said: "My love be with you and in you! Love each other in this My love and be glad and of good cheer together, and be obliging to one another and glad to serve, and you will thereby at all times reveal that you are truly My dear little children in whom the holy Father takes, and always can take, pleasure; for the day of the great liberation has come near.
5. "If Adam continued to live on earth seven times as long as he has already lived and will still be living, it would happen before the eyes of his flesh.
6. "So act according to My will lest the day find you unprepared when it comes.
7. "But prior to that will come the great Time of times. Whoever will then be received, for him the great day of liberation will occur in his time. But for him who will not be received the day of liberation will be a day of judgment, namely, a judgment through fire and in the fire of My wrath.
8. “Those will understand it in the depth of their life who will be perfect out of and in the spirit of My love and thus also in all the wisdom out of it.
9. “Therefore, be of a glad heart also you; for now you know that one day all hard bonds shall be loosed.
10. "But what would man give in order to become a lord of his life?
11. "I have now shown all of you how you can achieve this and then be it in the fullest measure. So you shall also be glad; for this is why I have shown you the road of pure love, which leads everyone to this glory of life.
12. "If someone might say: 'How can I be a lord of my life if I always have to live like an obedient servant?'
13. ''Then I tell you: While you are servants of the world and your flesh, you are harnessed to the yoke of servile obedience. But once you are servants of My love you will be liberated from any yoke whatsoever and will thus be perfect lords of your life; for love alone will and can make you completely free.
14. "How should love not be able to achieve this, being a living and exceedingly delicious spice of one's own will?
15. "Of what benefit to such a man should then be some commandment to be obeyed when he has love which comprises all the commandments within it and is a master of all law?
16. "Or is it necessary to coerce someone to an action which he would have carried out spontaneously with all his heart?
17. "Thus love, superior to all commandments and laws, as itself life, is also a perfect lord of one's own life! - Say whether this is not so!
18. "Since it is thus, be exceedingly glad; for I, your holy Father, have now given you the fullness of love, even My own love, and all glory of life with it.
19. “Therefore, you shall not adhere to the world and to the flesh choosing the serviceable and servile means for the purpose.
20. "For all this did not go forth from My love, but was begotten out of My wisdom, which is and subsists in the endless light-spheres of My Deity, now formed into a foundation testing your love for Me.
21. “Therefore, do not say to each other: "This plot of earth belongs to me, and this tree is mine, and I can do with my body as I please!'; for this will more and more draw you away from My love, and you will thereby become servants of the world and thus of death finding it utterly difficult, slow and burdensome to detach yourselves again from the world. And one day much fire will have to come over you to melt you away from the iron shackles of death.
22. "So be exceedingly glad for you have recognized that there is only one God, one Lord, one Proprietor of all things and one holy Father, and you all are His children and brothers and sisters to one another to whom I gave all this in equal parts. Thereby you know that you do not belong to the world, but to Me, the Father, in all the fullness of My love and great grace.
23. "So do heed this above all and love each other as you love Me, and life's glory will be your share from now on and you will be and forever remain in it in great joy. (HHG vol. 2, chap. 137)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts