Mutual influence of married couples upon each other
 You say: this is completely correct, and we understand. But since we also saw women in the company, who did not fulfill any public office, the question is what they are doing here and why they are in a certain sense an integral part of the company.
 My best friends, you should be amazed of yourselves that you have not understood it immediately.
 Is it not the case as from old that the in many ways weaker woman passionately desire and long for exactly that what they are the least capable of, namely to reign and rule. When men fulfill one or the other office, and he marries or is married, it is certainly always the case that the woman at the end rules more than the man who is actually more equipped to rule.
 To execute their plans, they use all their female cunningness and the husband sure must be very resolute if he does not want to be caught by his “Eve”.
 You again ask: Yes, but why is it that the woman usually gains the victory through her cunningness? I tell you: the reason is very much natural and therefore also understandable. If you would consider that the woman is the root of the man, then you will have everything else easily declared.
 The trunk of a tree indeed stands with his branches in the light of the heaven, sucking its ethereal food from the rays of the sun and no one sees that still draws his main amount of food through his roots. If the roots would conspire against the tree and loosen themselves from it, what would soon happen with the tree? He would wilt and finally bear no more fruit.
 Look, the wife knows this in her heart, and they can very well feel how much the man needs her. If she had a bad education, though and has a depraved nature, they would do the same than what the roots sometimes do to a tree; they let new shoots grow from the earth, feed them and thus deprive the tree of its future nourishment. Such root-twigs will certainly never grow into a powerful and fruit-bearing tree, but only bushy growth resembling the tree. If the tree with the higher food from the heavens would not powerfully resist such misuse, by diligently pushing the growth of its branches and smaller twigs to let the root-shoots wilt in its strong shadow, to let them be suffocated during a favorable season or with the help of winter, then it would certainly be detrimental to his own existence and work sphere.
 As such it goes with a man who has a wife with a lust for power and wants to impress in everything. If he is not capable to resist her with his manly power, she will very soon have him encompassed with her wild shoots, and he will become increasingly weaker, will finally wither and see all his power go up into the unconquerable male root growth of his wife. This then is the female lust to rule and reign!
The corresponding meaning of eating and drinking of the heavenly spirits. The heavenly marriage. Spiritual intercourse and chastity
 Look, the rather big company is already with us. Just look at the dear children, how one is of greater heavenly beauty than the other! Each one shows another beauty. The manly angels have youthful power and their facial expression is exceptionally soft and solemn. Their eyes are big, showing that they are full of light; their noses are well-formed and very tender, telling that they are sensitive and have a keen discerning ability. Their mouths are soft and mostly closed, showing upon their modesty in wisdom. Their chins are equally soft and beardless. Which is to say that the actual wisdom is open and not surrounded by the wild growth of mysticism. Their necks are smooth and round, meaning that the truth is in principle regarded to be self-evident and being a complete whole. Notice also the softness of their hands; this means that wisdom is taking on everything with good deliberation and do not want to touch anything that is imperfect.
 You now say: It is peculiar that the manly being is showing himself here in almost the same rounded form of the female, in such a manner that one would finally struggle to know in which we being manly spirits would take more pleasure in, the exceptionally beautiful manly form, or the female. This, my dear friends, has its reason in the true heavenly marriage, for it is written in Scripture that man and wife shall become one flesh. Therefore, they do not differ much here and is, as the Master had said, all equal to the angels of God!
 Then the Pharisees spoke: “If you are such an expert in the Scriptures, you will then know well that the very same Moses who described the creation of man as good as fully left behind a
formal certificate of divorce and commanded that one divorce oneself from one‘s wife for a well-founded reason.”
 To this I answered: “Moses indeed gave you a certificate of divorce, according to which you can divorce yourselves from your wives; but he only did such because of the hardness of your hearts. From the very beginning of humanity on this Earth it has not been this way, but instead as I have just told you all.
 But further I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, even because of immorality and marries another, commits adultery. But you already know what sort of sin adultery is, and I do not need to give you any further enlightenment about it.”
 At this the Pharisees left Me without a further word.
51. EXCEPTIONS IN MATTERS OF MARRIAGE
 But in their place My disciples came to Me and said: “Lord, if the relationship of a man with his wife is so, then it is truly like this, it is better not to marry!” For now and then there are wives who are true devils towards their husbands, and so we think that it would not be so unsuitable for Your ordinance to divorce oneself from such a wife and find another for the sake of the household. For if a man keeps an evil, adulterous wife, there is an eternal argument and disagreement in that house and many evil words, which must create a constant evil annoyance in the house itself and among the neighbors. But if the man divorces himself from such a wife, complete peace will soon reign in the house. And in this case we also believe that the certificate of divorce of Moses finds complete justification before all better human common sense.”
12.(Enoch:) "So you, Thubalkain, be my dear brother in spirit!
13. "Bend your heart alone before God, love Him above all and me, your brother, as yourself, and you have done everything that is honest and proper before God and the world.
14. "You have also taken a wife, - which is right and proper; however, cohabiting with your own sister was an abomination before God. This, the first children of Adam were allowed to do at a time when God had not yet separated the blood, there being thus only one blood and one flesh.
15. "However, as gradually mankind increased in number, God segregated the blood lest it soon deteriorate and die out.
16. "For that reason the degrees of blood relationship were more and more determined, due to which rule no one is allowed without God's special permission to take a wife in the first degree (of relationship. Transl.), but only in the second, third and so forth; so the more remote the relationship, the more proper the choice.
17. "You have now taken a wife from a very remote branch; thus you have acted well and properly also in this and may bring her here so that also I may bless you." (HHG vol. 2, chap. 222)
2. And Horadal stood up; but Adam continued speaking and said:
3. "Look, in your veins and in those of the people subject to you as well as in the veins of all my children on the heights there flows only my blood since I was placed on this earth as the first complete man - as well as my wife, going forth from me, as the original mother of all now living men.
4. "Men shall have only one father and one mother in a physical respect, just as there is one God only, one Creator and one infinite, eternal, holy Father spiritually.
5. "Since I was in a physical sense set as the first man and thus the father of all humankind, you can imagine the magnitude of your blasphemy when you called me a monster -
6. "And God, the most holy and most loving Father, the almighty Creator of all things, an old, weak, worm-eaten God!
7. "How come that all Cain's descendants sank into such blindness and, finally, complete depravity?
8. "Behold, listen and understand! When Cain, my firstborn son, from sheer jealousy slew his brother Abel - to which action he was seduced by the evil serpent, meaning, Satan or the fallen one, who is dwelling in every man's flesh as well as in all matter --, he was judged by God and was restless day and night. The earth became too small for him and the vault of the firmament too low, so much so that he could hardly draw another free breath.
9. "He sighed and wept mightily and in his great rage declared eternal war on the serpent.
10. "Thereupon the serpent visited him in a zealous endeavor to win him over again.
11. "But Cain saw that he had become a master of the serpent, for it could not get at him even in the disguise of a brother.
12. "Since the serpent had long ago found out that Cain is of a very weak flesh it promptly assumed the form of a very beautiful woman and approached with the shyness of a virgin the weak one who was unable to turn his eyes away from the enticing forms of the false creature.
13. "Only too late did he realize what kind of trap the serpent had laid for him, so that with his own mouth he gave it the testimony which still lives on in all his descendants, namely, that it would in time conquer all his children, as well as God's children.
Chapter 188 - A Test Of Love For Cyrenius
WHILE CYRENIUS was looking at his earth-globe again with great attentiveness, the little Child wanted to be put down so He might frisk back and forth a bit on the hill.
2 At this Cyrenius set Him on the ground ever so gently and avowed,
3 'O my life, my salvation, my all! Only from my hands do I free you bodily -
4 but never, never from my heart: for there you dwell from now on quite alone - yes, You all alone are my love!
5 Truly, as long as I have only You, my Savior, then the whole world with all its treasures means less than nothing to me!'
6 Here the little Child turned to Cyrenius again and said,
7 'I will just have to remain with you after all - although I really would like to frisk around a bit - because you love Me so much!
8 If you had constantly gazed at your little earth, see I would have become a bit bored with you:
9 but since you have directed your heart as well as your whole attention to Me again, I just have to remain with you and cannot separate Myself from you!
10 Now listen, My dear Cyrenius, just what will your wife say to that, since she has surely heard that you love only Me and no one else?'
Earth and Moon, chap. 59
"You know that certain human beings, male and female, are much afflicted with carnal desires, while there are others whose sensuous carnal nature is almost totally impassive. Such human beings do not react even if they are exposed to the most delightful flesh, whereas others would again enter into a frenzy at the sight of feminine charms. Yes, there are fools who, at the sight of a female, fall in love to such a degree that they completely lose their senses if they cannot have such a woman as their wife or, at least, for occasional sensuous pleasures.
The reason for such carnal inclination, especially if it expresses itself severely, frequently lies in being possessed with one or even several lecherous carnal devils.
How do these devils enter the flesh of such a person? Human beings themselves prepare opportunities without number or measure. Such carnal devils live especially in all “heating” (that is, alcoholic) beverages, in wine, in beer, and particularly in all distilled spirits. When people drink such alcoholic beverages and become severely inebriated, they have with certainty accommodated at least one or more carnal devils in their bodies. Once these carnal devils are in the flesh, they itch and torment the genitals in such a severe manner that human beings cannot but satisfy this enticement in sensuous pleasures.
NEW REVELATION Excerpts