Love for God and for women; all love should proceed from God’s love1. Says the officer: “Dear brother, I thank you for this splendid explanation; you are right, my love for the creature is still much stronger than my love for God the Lord, who surely is the primordial foundation of all love! But it is easier for women to love God than for us males, for they also have the endlessly most perfect man in God, something that goes well with their self-centred nature. Things are somewhat different with us men! We could never be as enamoured in a perfect male as in a female being, as it is grounded in nature.
2. Wherefore I believe there has to be a substantial difference between love for woman and love for God. One is bound to love God, the highest primordial being, completely differently to a woman. And so I believe that a modest love for a marvellous woman can easily exist side by side with the mighty love for God. Love for God must be of the greatest purity, whilst love for the woman can always contain some sensuality. Love for woman is centred mostly on the form, whereas love for God is a most purely interior contemplation of the endless perfections of the Deity, together with an exalted praise of Its purest love and goodness! I think it would be most offensive to God if one loved God with the same feelings as for a woman.
3. Hence I believe that the now saved Matilda cannot in the least diminish my love for the Lord but can on the contrary help me towards a still greater love for him.”
4. Says the Sergeant: “Faith can indeed also make blissful, but I on my part go solely for the bliss from pure love for God. Man has but one heart and can therefore have only one true love from which, once the main love has ripened, other side-loves can still come forth within the divine order. Wherefore I maintain that one has to first stand firmly in one’s love towards God, only after which everything else can still be – adopted in nicest harmony. If one’s love towards God is still swaying however and one hardly knows how one can love God more than a most beautifully formed woman:there friend, true wisdom of the spirit is still at some distance!
5. Behold, the heart has but one chamber for love, and this has to be for God as well as neighbour, and vice versa. If you truly love, then you cannot love God in any way other than a woman, and proper women no different to God, because man’s heart is capable of only one proper love. Whatever is besides that belongs to self-love and is not suitable for God’s Kingdom.
6. In what way did a John, a Jacob, a Peter or a Paul love God? How did Magdalena and a thousand others? Behold, these were totally in love with the Lord even more (From Hell to Heaven, vol. 2, chap. 247)
The importance of knowing evil
It is difficult to fight an enemy that you see and know; how much more difficult would it be to fight an enemy that you neither see nor know? That is why it is necessary to explore such an enemy, so that you know how to deal with him in order to be victorious in the forthcoming battle. That is why it is of great importance for the eternal life of the spirit to know Heaven and Hell thoroughly.
It is not the purpose of angelic spirits and of human beings to cleanse and care for Heaven, but only that which was, from time immemorial, unclean. That is why it is much more important to know the place of filth more thoroughly than the place of cleanliness. Only the place of filth must be cleansed; when it is clean, Heaven will make its appearance on its own.
It would be absolutely foolish if you were to ask someone constantly to point out and praise only his good characteristics, and never to think about his bad characteristics, nor to exercise self‑criticism. Goodness does not require praise, because it stands out by itself. But it is absolutely necessary that every human being go after his evil thoughts and desires, and work to eliminate them. It is much better if you say, “Lord, be lenient and merciful with me, a miserable sinner!” than to say, “Lord, I thank Thee that I am not like other people, such as the customs officials and all the other sinners!”
Judge for yourself which is the more important of the two: to know the ground you walk on, or to know the firmament on which no one has yet hurt himself. The ground carries us; therefore you must know how firm it is, whether there be chasms, and how you may avoid them. Whosoever wants to avoid evil must know it first; otherwise, he remains an immature child. That is why it is very important to explore evil thoroughly, so that each may easily recognize it within himself.
Laziness and lustfulness
" And look, as it is now, so it was and so it also will be in the future, because every person possesses his love, his will and his reason in freedom. Even if he understands the full truth with his reason, then he still sees, with his lustful eyes, also the world with its many enticements, and he does not want and cannot turn away his heart from that because his flesh prefers that instead of the spiritual things which his sensorial eye cannot see and his flesh cannot feel.
 Besides, laziness is very typical to man. He often has one good intention after another, but once he should completely act upon all this, then his lazy and lustful flesh resists against it, and draws also the soul downwards to what is most important for his laziness and lustfulness. Then to what advantage is it for the soul to have clarity in the things of the spirit when he does not want to deny himself and does not want to go in full earnest upon the ways on which he could attain the full unity with My Spirit in him?
 Now you think in your heart and say to yourself: ‘Lord, but why did You then cover the soul of men with this flesh if that is only unsuitable for his spiritual completion?’
 But I say to you that I only can certainly see best and the most clear how a soul has to be put in a right balance between the world of matter and that of the pure spirits for the sake of his short earthly test-life, because these are the conditions to acquire the full freedom of his love and his will.
" Do you know why people on Earth are obedient? The answer is very easy to give. Perhaps out of great respect for the person who rules? O no, because the one who is honored is usually not secretly shout at, and even less cursed and damned. Nevertheless, this is what citizens do to their kings. But the one who is not obeyed out of respect, is even less obeyed out of love. Therefore, we can find no other reason for obedience than fear.
 Fear is based on what? It is firstly based on personal powerlessness, secondly on the superior power of the ruler and thirdly on the fact that in certain circumstances the king will not be too cautious with the lives of his citizens. A ruler who is often equipped with a million of instruments to kill and who does not have to give an account to anyone for killing one or many people is certainly not very trustworthy, for the wrath of a dictator can mean the death of many thousands.
 When we realistically look at the matter then it appears that the main reason for obedience if the fear of death.
 Imagine a country in which there are only fully reborn, spiritually awakened people. Then it would be quite different regarding the fear of the death penalty. The ruler will then have to take quite different measures if he would like to remain the leader of his people.
" When you received information about the sun you saw what the image of the first Hell looks like, as well as the different ways by which one comes into the first Hell. I only have to add that the zeal of the hellish spirits that you saw in the first Hell is firstly set on pleasure and gluttony. This condition seems to be the same as the one on Earth in which men do also everything possible to – as you use to say – bring bread on the table.
 Some set up different businesses, others look for a job as public officer, some look for a good marriage. They do not do all this for the sake of what is good, but exclusively for their own sake and the daily bread. In this condition they do not care much for one or the other glory but they are mostly interested in a certain livelihood.
 In the heavenly manner one is solely concerned about love and to know God. The Lord will take care of all the rest. But in the hellish manner, one is particularly concerned about the opposite. They want to have a certain wellbeing, and at best they think: as long as I am first of all assured of all the external necessities, then I will see if the spirit is satisfied with this wellbeing. When he then possesses such external wellbeing, which usually goes together with some modest possession, he will soon become haughty, which is related to his possessions and which he continuously strengthens with a certain splendor. For this reason, also the young employees and new managers, each one of course in their own way, boast more and more. Soon they do not know anymore how to sit, stand, walk, look, listen or speak to immediately show and let recognize from their face how rich they are and what kind of important job they occupy.
 Once such people are in this way provided with everything, they do not have to take care for anything anymore, for they have their fixed income and their daily bread. Now they can begin to take care of what is spiritual. But the opposite happens. Now, together with this wellbeing, the boasting and the lust for power come forward. That is why they strife more and more to move to the top and become even richer than the managers. In this situation they become filled with jealousy and inner hate towards those who stand somehow in their way.
NEW REVELATION Excerpts