The Lord chooses humble leaders - Value of humility - the issues of leadership
11. "Thus I believe now, dear brother, that we should no longer boast about what is past, whether it was nearer to, or farther from, the truth; for neither of us had the actual truth, - and had he had it, how could he have vouched for it?
12. "What we were all lacking was the knowledge that our holy Father is, like us, a man and a sole God! The error was not grounded in our will, but only in our imagination. All of us were poor fools and I was probably the greatest. But now He Who is among us and is holy, immensely holy, good, immensely good, our most loving Father has helped us all out of our great distress, blindness and poverty. He stands visibly before us and we all recognize in Him the eternal, holy Father and the almighty, eternal Creator of all things. Therefore, to Him all gratitude, praise, glory and honor and all love and adoration from all our children and us!
13. "In many things, dear brother, your prophecy has been fulfilled, particularly with respect to the humility, lowliness and plainness alone pleasing to the Father and Lord. But of the fact that Jehovah is also a man, of His endless love, grace and incomprehensibly great mercy, - brother, of these none of us had ever dreamed. And if one of us had had such a notion it was the always quiet and withdrawn Zuriel with his daughters. However, he always withdrew to the remotest corners and it was difficult to coax a word out of him.
14. "Tile rest of us put together knew nothing. Only yesterday did you hear through the dear Enoch how far we have succeeded with our wisdom and prophecy.
25. But Pura took a little walk with Naeme, and both entreated God and, resigning themselves to their fate, sacrificed their pious curiosity to the Lord and amid sighs glorified and praised the Father full of love, grace and mercy.
26. As these two were thus heaving a sigh, behold, there came a man from midday and went straight towards the two. When the latter noticed this, they wanted to flee; but the man went after them and soon overtook them.
THE STRANGER WITH PURA, NAEME AND GHEMELA IN DISCUSSION ON THE HILL OF BEGETTING. THE OTHER WOMEN ARE HORRIFIED
(22nd March 1843)
When the man had overtaken the two, and that a considerable distance closer to the spot where the two could have reached the other women to flee with the same into the hut of Uranion, they began to call for help.
2. But the man said to them: "Listen to me, you two, you, Naeme, and you, Pura!
3. "I tell you truly and faithfully not to be so afraid of me; for I have no evil intentions with you but am planning only something exceedingly good, something that will benefit you in the highest degree.
4. "So proceed without fear with me in the direction of Purista's hut, and about thirty paces from the hut, by the beautiful cedar in the middle of a grassy hillock, we will discuss glorious and important things."
5. When the two had heard this from the man they felt relieved and Pura, emboldened, dared to ask the man who and from where he was since he knew their names and only wanted to do them good, for they could not possibly remember having seen him anywhere, either in the lowlands or on the height.
Chapter 182 (Household of God) THE LORD AND GHEMELA The five maidens clinging to the high Abedam were still so absorbed in the love of their hearts that they had not noticed at all what had been going on. 2. Since Abedam was well pleased with this complete submission of their pure hearts, He now touched them again, called them with the most gentle voice and addressed the following words to them:
3. "Allurahelli, you My beloved daughters and brides of My love for you, awake now from your pure love to the equally pure light of grace out of Me and pay some attention to where you now are and tell Me how you feel and what you think about it."
4. And the maidens rose to their feet and began timidly to look around them. Only after a while did they recognize that they were on Adam's morning-hill.
5. Now they were totally amazed. Every one of them would have liked to ask the high Abedam all kinds of questions, but none could find a suitable opening. Abedam, seeing their natural embarrassment, came to their aid and said to the youngest:
6. "You are wondering how you and your four sisters have come here without knowing how?
7. "But remember the storm last night which ceased so suddenly when everything once more returned to its former order, except for the sea which had to recede in order to leave behind a fertile land for you which you will soon need as your number shall multiply, and except for the still burning mountains all around in the distance to expand the hollow inside the earth for the absorption of the receded sea and for the reception of those beings who hate and flee Me, so that they may there howl with the sunken sea and grind their teeth with the strongest monster of the sea which, too, has sunk into the wrathful depth of the earth and is called 'Leviathan'.
8. "Look, otherwise everything is quite undamaged and as it has been from time immemorial.
06] Thus I also told the mothers and sisters my opinion, because I could not have known that this will have such a distressing effect on them! If I had known, I certainly could have kept quiet, however what is done is done! But I now want to make up for my mistake a thousand times; and this can’t be possibly wrong!
07] This, I also told father Henoch but he did not have a heart for me and my great distress. That's why I ran to you because I thought you would be more merciful as Henoch; but after your first reception it seems that you do not have more mercy than Henoch!
08] In general I must openly confess to you that since the time when the Lord on the hill has taught nothing but love for several days, that the people appear to me a lot less merciful than ever before and that is in my view not a good sign.
09] But if it were up to me I would on the spot like to help the whole world, let alone only a weak female person in which anyway is both by God and nature placed in a incomprehensibly more adverse and suffering situation than any man!
10] Behold, I have now finished speaking and spoke as it was in my heart! If you don’t like it and I unintentionally have offended you, you are powerful enough to either throw me out or you can do with me as you previously have done with Sehel on the outside; for it is better not to be than to be in a world where people have hearts of stone in which there is no mercy!"
11] Thereafter the Lord said to Mira: "But hear, Mira! This was a long answer to My short question! One half you probably could have kept to yourself - and be silent about the other; because I know better than you why the shoe doesn’t fit you!
12] But so you may see that I am right, I want to explain to you your actual real distress and thus
hear Me out:
13] Behold, your mothers and sisters are jealous - and so are you! Your mothers reviled out of jealousy about Me and My behavior and you have then rebuked them out of sheer jealousy for you secretly adopted a greater right to Me because of My beckoning gesture than the others whom I did not gesture.
14] Because of My gesture to you, you immediately ignited the deepest love for Me but when later you heard the mother’s and sister’s reproach about Me, your love for Me was insulted, and through your good opinion you took revenge on your mothers and sisters!
15] But since your revenge was somewhat more effective as you wanted it to be, you now feel bad about it and you would like to help those who are suffering now; but since this is not possible for you, you are looking for help.
16] I tell you, however, that help will come, and this sooner than you had expected; but in the meantime go outside and think about your misstep, and then come to Me with a clean heart and I will accept you and bless you like these four! "
EMMANUEL'S SPEECH ABOUT HIS COMING TO MEN
And Emmanuel replied to Adam and thus also to all his children:
"Behold, Adam, now you have spoken well, and what you have said is the living truth. Remember that when I came to you this morning, as you and all who were with Adam know, I pretended to be a mute slave who with the help of Abel had fled from Lamech's depth. If things were not different in the spirit of truth and love, would I not appear as a downright liar, like the worm of the earth who is a father and prince of falsehood and deceit?
2. "However, as you have now faithfully confessed, you were blind, deaf and insensible and consequently did not perceive the things of eternal, divine order. Behold, had I come to you as Emmanuel, where would be your life now?
3. "Therefore, I came to you in that form which reflected your inner being so that all of you, as cold Asmahaels, warmed by Me could find the Abba Emmanuel.
4. "Last night I was actually with you and made a great promise to you.
But you recognized Me only as if in a dream, for your heart was surrounded by sand and dry stones. And in the morning nothing of Me had remained with you but vaguely a bare, cold memory. I prepared Enoch as interpreter for all of you, but you only admired his words and your dead hearts failed to understand them. You were all searching, yet everyone of you wanted to be to the other a wise guide to be able to show him the high wisdom dwelling in his heart.
12. And Abedam said to Eve: "Your distress is justified; but behold, here before your very eyes the foundation has been laid by Me for that source out of which one day a living water will gush forth over the whole earth, washing it clean of the old curse.
13. “With Ghemela the pure line will begin, and once the earth will be baptized over and over with the living water it will soon be purified through Lamech's fire out of the heavens, whereby it will be thoroughly cleansed of its curse and will again become a star in the firmament which will please Me, for its light will send far-reaching rays through all the eternal spaces of infinity.
14. "No other star of infinity shall tell of the most sublime wonders of My mercy as the earth will.
15. "But nowhere else let there be such a curse upon the serpent as on this scene of My mercy.
16. "I tell you, Eve: Where I have poured out My greatest mercy, also My greatest wrath shall be poured out.
17. "All the innumerable stars shall be judged according to their manner by the angels; but the earth's generation of serpents and vipers I Myself shall judge, giving it the deserved reward in the eternal fire of My most severe anger and My most bitter wrath.
18. "Verily, verily, the dragon of Cain with all his captives[i] will forever be punished in the densest fire of My wrath for his great iniquity and there will never be an end to their great pain, and no one will hear their fearful wail of torment. They will be plunged into total oblivion, and no one will ever remember them again.
First people encounters with God, appearing in a human form:
MAN KEEPS FOREVER DRAWING NEARER TO GOD. THE CONTRADICTION BETWEEN THE INFINITENESS OF GOD AND THE FINITE, LIMITED PERSON OF THE LORD IN ABEDAM
When Jared had heard in spirit the call of Abedam he came hurrying along, - that is, in spirit rather than in body. For, physically speaking he was anyway standing dose to Abedam; but as concerns the spirit, it is possible to draw forever closer to Me, in that even the most perfected spirit is far enough removed from Me to be able to keep drawing closer to Me throughout eternity without actually coming nearer to Me by a hair's breadth.
2. In a physical sense this claim would be untenable. However, in spirit this can well be the case, as when someone would want to physically approach a non-existing border of infinity. Even if he traversed with the highest thought-velocity endless spaces in only a moment and continued to do this for many eternities, - by how much would he have come nearer to the non-existing borderland of endlessness?
3. So it is with the spiritual approach to Me. Although every spirit can keep becoming more perfected and more like Me, yet never capable of fully reaching My perfection, which is in everything endless, who would ever come nearer to that in truth and fullest reality?
4. But I can certainly approach everyone and place Myself so that everyone can approach Me.
5. This is why Jared came hurrying along when he had heard My call in spirit; and this is why I explained this to you, namely, that you may get some inkling of how matters stand.
6. Why was Jared called and wherein lay the importance of his being called?
7. Now pay good heed; for without this calling you may not and cannot enter the temple of light.
8. Thus when Jared had actually reached Abedam, the latter took his hand and said: "Listen, My beloved Jared, I know what you teach about Me and tell you that you have taught all your children properly; yes, you have taught them completely in accordance with My will.
9. "But when you said: 'God is absolutely endless in His essence, His love, holiness, grace, mercy, in His might, power, strength, in the permanence of His being and, thus, also in His goodness, justice and wisdom,' I should really like to know how in your heart you reconcile My visible presence in human form with your notion of My infinite nature.
10. "For I am of the opinion that just as the finite, spatially limited cannot ever fill the endless space - even if it should expand forever in all directions -, the opposite is surely also the case.
11. "For where and how should the endless spatial begin to contract into a finite being? Having no limits, where, and how, should it begin?
12. "Since according to your teaching this is the case, tell Me: How did I, the infinite God, become for you and all the others a visible, personally distinguishable God?
13. "And tell Me also conscientiously and faithfully whether or not it is I.
14. "According to your teaching this cannot possibly be, but in accordance with your love and faith it nevertheless is I.
15. "So declare yourself to all of us; for clarity in this matter is of the greatest importance, since an infinite essence of God is unimaginable for all finite beings, in other words non-existent, and consequently there is as good as no God.
16. "However, regarding God as finite means denying His Deity.
17. "So open your heart and explain to us this contradiction and also whether or not I am God."
18. When Jared and all the others had heard this question they all beat their breast and one doubt after another began to assail their hearts. And upon some reflection Jared said: "Lord and Father in all Your love and holiness! The greatest and most profound cherub will be as little capable of answering this question as I am, but this much I can just about say now that You have posed the question: Were You not God, the Truthful, You could not possibly have given this question which, like You, is in all its points, as well as collectively, infinite.
19. "However, my gauge for Your Deity is my own heart, as well as the hearts of all the others, as they are incapable of loving anyone as much as You.
20. "All else is of no importance to me. How You, an infinite God, can show Yourself also to us finite worms before You in the dust of all nothingness as a finite God in the form of a man, let him comprehend who can and may; but I and all the heavens and suns and worlds and men do not and surely would not comprehend it in eternity.
21. "But here I confess quite openly that I am only capable of truly loving You under this form; for, from where should a finite heart take that love with which to love God in His infiniteness?
22. "Therefore, I like You thus infinitely better than in Your, to me, unthinkable divine infiniteness.
23. "When I fear and love God, I fear and love Him only under this Your form; for to an essentially infinite God I am as good as non-existent, and consequently He cannot possibly be a God for that which compared to Him is a mere nothingness.
24. "Behold, this is all I can say on the subject; may it please You."
25. Thereupon Abedam pressed Jared to His heart and said: "Jared, you have given Me a perfect answer, and it is exactly as you have said.
26. "Love alone is the measure for My Deity, and I cannot be fathomed with any other measure for I am verily an infinite God. As far as My spatial infiniteness is concerned it is merely a manifestation subject to time, - but in spirit it is merely the absolute authority of My will and My love and wisdom; but the outer form is one and the same after which you were all made into My personal images.
27. "So you, My dear Jared, stay as you were, and believe Me: No one will ever see Me in a different form from that in which you are now all beholding Me in spirit! Amen." (HHG vol. 2, chap. 138)
THE OVER-SUBTLE REASONERS DOUBT GOD'S DUAL NATURE; ABEDAM'S LIGHTFUL EXPLANATION
After this explanation many, including Jared, became very glad. However, some were still baffled, particularly by the two aspects of God, namely, the one manifesting as the infinite and the other standing before them in person.
2. One proved it to another, saying: "Yes, yes, the infinite can no more step within the bounds of finiteness than the finite can ever fill infinity."
3. “Thus," said another; "we must in this way maybe assume two Gods, a finite, so to speak personal God, and then an infinite One without a substantial form."
4. A third one remarked: "This is what I think: Since we must necessarily imagine God in every respect to be infinitely perfect, He can only be One, namely, One in every respect infinite; for a finite personality must of necessity imply other limitations. Yet how can these be reconciled with the infinite perfections?"
5. Again a fourth one remarked: "However I twist and expand my thoughts, I find it practically impossible to ignore the infiniteness of space as non-existent -, and thus also eternity.
6. "For even if I limit space somewhere in an endless distance through an expansive round wall, my spirit nevertheless soon penetrates again through this separating wall and sees ahead nothing else but a continuation of the forever in all directions and in endless depths expanding space.
7. “Then again I follow this endlessly far again erecting at an endless distance and depth another, still more endless round wall; has the space here maybe come to an end? - Oh, by no means!
8. "My spirit penetrates also this wall - even though it had previously shaped it almost endlessly thick -, and what does it behold behind this wall?
9. "Nothing but a further continuation of infinite space to even more infinite depths!
10. "With these reflections the following question necessarily arises: Is this infinite, eternal space the essence of God, or is it filled by it?
11. "Since this is necessarily the case, everyone may ask himself, following Jared's good hint, what He is in His personified form.
12. "For between the finite and the infinite there can be forever only one correlation, namely, that of the complete dissolution of the finite in the infinite.
13. “Thus in this case we really have no God, since we are truly an absolute nothing compared to Him!
14. "If, on the other hand, God is a person like us, yet at the same time eternal and working through His immense might and power in the endless space, again the question arises: Has He with this His will albeit going forth from Him from eternities, perhaps already filled the whole infinity of endless space?
15. "To me this seems unthinkable because the infinite cannot possibly ever be filled.
16. "Is God, notwithstanding all this, a person, a new question can be asked, namely, whether in some distant, endless Depth of depths another, similarly mighty Deity may be present in person, likewise a further, third and so on to infinity, which Deities would then certainly be no longer our concern?"
17. After these musings some again began to beat their breast and then lament: 'Tribihal, Tribihal, what did you say?
18. "If so, - what a conflict is in store for such Gods one day when they with their immense forces will be clashing, even though in the endless depths of infinite space!"
19. Here Abedam again rose, summoned all the melancholy brooders to Him and said to them: "O you great fools, what sort of nonsense have you concocted? Truly, I do not wish to repeat it - and do not want it repeated by anyone.
20. "So as to extricate you from your endlessly silly dreams I have taken pity on your folly and will give you a true light for your dark hearts, and so listen: What you call the infinity of space, is the Spirit of My Will, which from eternities had made this very endless space filling it throughout with beings of every kind. This Spirit has a personal central point in which all the power of this infinite Spirit is united into one activity, and this power center of the infinite Divine Spirit Being is Love, as the life of this very Spirit; and I am this Love from eternity.
21. "Although God's Spirit can actively manifest everywhere, as a person It cannot manifest without love; but when God manifests in person He manifests if possible for finite beings such as you are through His love, which is the actual fundamental essence of God and the rallying-point of all might, power and holiness of the infinite Spirit.
22. "Behold, this is the essence of God in all truth and can only be grasped with the heart, but not ever with the intellect.
23. "Grasp this in your hearts, and the infinite space will not ever confound you and the imminent wars of the gods will vanish from your brains! Amen." (HHG, vol. 2, chap. 139)
The first covenant of God with humanity and His warnings
05] I say now to all of you: If you will remain in this covenant, which is My love for you and your love for Me, the visible communion will continually exist between the earth and the heavens.
06] But if you will leave this covenant and shred this holy bond, the earth will sink back into its first depth again and the most thickest clouds will envelop the earth, through which no one will be able to see Me nor My heavens.
07] And if the earth in this condition will continue to sink and fall more and more, it will crash into its own judgement and I will not live now, talk to her children as a Father full of love and gentleness, but as an eternal God I will place My judgements in the fire of anger onto her!
08] And who will survive will have to wait for a long time until a new covenant of love is erected without bloodshed, and I will take My time during such new assembly, so that all nations should rather perish, until such bond is completely renewed!
09] If, however, this now concluded holy covenant from you, now my true children, will not be broken through a renewed transition into the dead externality of the world, I will remain with you as you with Me and it will be on Earth as it is in the heavens, and there will also be no death among you.
22. When these fourteen people of both sexes finally caught sight of the angel, the latter began to speak to them very gently out of Me, as follows, and this is faithful and true:
23. "Children of Cain, my brother who had been so bad, but who is still living and will be living physically throughout the earth's ages and until the end of all time, inaccessible to all mortals right to the early end of all malice, when after the great Time of times the Almighty will proclaim to the late descendants great things through a small seer and will speak of your evil patriarch (which is now happening, and has already happened). Take notice of what I shall here make known to you according to the most holy will of God, the almighty, eternal Creator, as well as most loving Father of all the angels, patriarchs and men! You have heard most precious words from the jaws of the fiercest beasts, which God has appeased through me and enabled to speak to you who were more corrupt than these beasts through the malice of Enoch's serpent. It is now especially Lamech who has become a great evildoer, loathed by all creation, and whose shoulders are already burdened with God's judgments weighing like whole worlds, watching the almost totally filled vessel of crimes above the stars.
24. "Since you were the youngest, and still are, who were compelled to join the serpent-army of Tatahar against your somewhat better will, God's boundless love has shown mercy to you. It enabled you to recognize Lamech's, the atheist's, crimes in his most arrogant, cruel tyranny. Then it led you here in a miraculous way, negotiating this great distance in a short time, whereas normally it would take more than 120 days.
SETH'S CARE FOR THE FEEDING OF THOSE PRESENT. ABEDAM'S SPEECH ON ACTIVE NEIGHBOURLY LOVE. THE LORD PROMISES HIS INCARNATION IN THE LINE OF SETH
After a while Seth called together his own and, going down to his dwelling, loaded five baskets with fruits of the best kind and then added the proper amount of bread, honey and milk.
2. When he and his carriers were thus well supplied with food and drink, he thanked Me for the grace of being found worthy to thus serve all on the height. He also told part of his servants to go around among the tribes present investigating whether they had something to eat and drink; and whoever came was to be given food and drink immediately.
3. After this loving commission he had them lift the full baskets and carry them up to the height; and he personally carried a large vessel full of the purest honey.
4. He had hardly taken a few steps when the high Abedam approached him and said to Seth, who nearly collapsed, overwhelmed by love and the greatest respect and emotion:
5. "Seth, you great beloved of My fatherly heart, be blessed by Me, together with your whole house, for having cared for so many hungry and thirsty from among all the tribes.
6. "Verily, I say to you, this is the greatest thing someone can do, namely, to care for the poor brother and the poor sister, support the aged and lovingly look after the little ones.
7. "Whoever, like you, does this out of pure love for Me and out of this love for the brothers and sisters,- I tell you, My most beloved brother Seth, if he had as many sins as there is sand in the sea and grass on the earth, verily, he shall be absolved of all of them!
8. "As soon as someone does this and opens his heart to his brothers and sisters I shall be with him giving him life eternal, and all that is Mine shall be at his service as it is at Mine.
NEW REVELATION Excerpts