CHAPTER 50 About love and the love of Jesus
 You say, dear friend and brother, you may well be right, and so it is, as you have said. But, behold, it is a hard thing with the sudden awakening of love, which we now and then know from experience. We also have in this respect somewhat of a problem with so-called 'being in love'. If we really consider the matter, one soon learn that one by no means have love in its power, and we can not say that we can be in love with a being, whenever we wish, but according to the circumstances and conditions; and a lover is not an active, but a purely passive being, and must, in the literal sense, often drag love along like a hundredweight; and there is sometimes no means whatsoever to rid itself of it as of another burden.
 And so we think here also, if we were real masters of love, it would certainly not be wanting that we would take hold of the Lord with the blazing zeal of our hearts. But we can do what we want, we can pressure our heart and force our feelings as the grapes are pressed in a winepress, and everything comes out, rather than a flaming love described by you.
 Hence we are of the opinion that either the love of the Lord must be of a completely different character than that when a man in the prime of his life not seldom find a beautiful maiden; but if the love of the Lord would be like the love for a virgin, it must be poured directly into the heart by the Lord Himself, according to His great mercy; otherwise it is almost impossible for man to be able to grasp the Lord with the strongest love out of his own power, when- and however he wanted.
 I said: “As it was until now, so also in the future this will be left to the workers in My fields and in My vineyards. What really will matter then is how they will handle My will that they know very well, be it in the right or the wrong way. Therefore, take care that after My bodily separation from you there will be no quarrels and disagreements, for those will really become the mother of the antichrist on this Earth. I am saying this now to you beforehand, so
that you will prevent it. Indeed you will prevent it, but if your disciples will do that also is still another question, for also their free will, as well as yours has to be respected.
 My teaching gives you the highest freedom, and therefore it cannot be proclaimed with the sword and with the chains of the darkest slavery, because man must also be acquainted with and accept that which he can and will procure with the highest freedom of live. As I have given you all this for free, so you also should give it for free to those who want to have it from you.
 Also, I have forced nobody of you, but I called you in full freedom: ‘He who wants, let him come, listen, see and follow Me.’ And you have done that out of your free will. Therefore, act from now on like this in My name, then you will walk the right way.
 But he who will make a ‘must’ of it, will not be My disciple, and on his way he will encounter rocks, reefs and thorns. Take all of you a good and true example on Me. What would it cost Me to force in one moment all the people on the whole Earth by My omnipotence to completely accept My teaching and My will, as it is also possible for Me in one moment to map out with ‘must’ the way that all the other created beings strictly have to go according to My will? But will this give them an independent moral freedom of life that will make them happy? I say to you: no, not a single one.
And the Lord lifted up His hand and said to Lamech and all the others: "Verily, verily, say I, now still the holy and most loving Father to you all:
10. "Once I shall bind you through laws, I shall also bind you through judgment; for without judgment no law is possible nor is any judgment possible without laws!
11. "If you, Lamech, had had laws from Me, I would not have come to you as a Father and thus a helper to you all, but as a most inexorable judge to condemn you for all your evil deeds!
12. "However, from the beginning you had no laws; thus you were like infants in the cradle. You have done much evil, indeed you have committed atrocious deeds; but, having no definite law directly from Me, but only an indirect advice, you were so far not liable to any judgment, - and now I am here to help you.
13. "How can you, Lamech, then ask Me for laws?
14. "What is better, to be quite free in the love for Me, thus having Me as a Father, or to be bound by laws, thereby having Me as a permanent judge?
15. ''Verily, say I to you all: I will rather destroy the whole of creation than fetter My children with laws, thereby ceasing to be their Father and judging them for eternal death!
The Childhood of Jesus
Chapter 168 - A Lesson In Love, Gentleness And Patience
HERE MARY tasted the mush which Joel had prepared for the little Child, and found that it was a bit sour and contained little gruellike curds.
2 At this she promptly called Joel who was still quite busy frying fish in the kitchen.
3 When he came, Mary sternly rebuked him, saying, 'Joel, just taste this mush!
4 Do you really have so little regard for the Child, for father Joseph and for me, the loyal wife of your father, that you can do this to me?
5 Do our cows and goats not have any more fresh milk in their udders?
6 Why did you take yesterday's already sour milk, which one can drink cold when one is thirsty, but not when it is cooked because it then is harmful, especially for children?'
7 Joseph now also tasted the mush and was all ready to give Joel a dressing down;
8 but the little Child sat erect and protested: 'Oh you children of men, why do you want to outdo Me everywhere?
9 Was My remark about Joel not enough? Why do you want to fully condemn him after I have dealt with him?
10 'Do you suppose I have a liking for such severity on your part? - Oh no! I am pleased only with love, gentleness of manner and patience!
11 Joel, to be sure, made himself liable to rebuke through his carelessness,
12 which is why I promptly rebuked him with My critical remark. Now this rebuke is sufficient; to what purpose then is an additional rebuke and a dressing down on top of that?
13 Every father does right when he punishes the naughty little children with the rod, but he should always be a wise and gentle teacher to his grown-up sons.
14 'Only, if a son were to rebel against his father, he shall be threatened!
15 If he then changes his attitude, he shall be restored to the old harmony.
16 But if he does not change his attitude, he shall be expelled from the house of the father and driven from the land of his fathers.
17 Now Joel has not transgressed in anything, only his desire to prepare the fish did not leave him enough time to have milked a goat.
18 But from now on he surely will never do that again, so let everything be forgiven him.'
19 Thereupon the little Child called Joel over to Himself and admonished him, 'Joel, if you love Me as I love you, then do not cause your father and your mother any more such anxiety in the future!'
 I said: “Firstly you will notice, that this spirit eats and drinks just as I do, where I am in My being the highest spirit. But since this spirit for the time of his presence here must also have a body, to be visible to you, he must, despite his body being of a very ethereal nature, feed it with the food of this earth, so that it stays visible to you, for as long as it is required; however, if it is not necessary anymore, then he himself will in the quickest moment dissolve his body and will not be visible to you as pure spirit any longer.
 In the heaven of pure spirits there is also eating and drinking, but spiritually and not physically. Spiritual food, however, consists of pure love and wisdom from God. This penetrates the whole of infinity and feeds all the countless beings, first of all the spirits and through them all material creation, of which firstly the immeasurable space wherein countless myriads of suns and planets or earths swim like fish in the sea and like birds in the air. Out of the ether the world bodies get their necessary nutrition and from the world bodies also all the creatures on and in them. Regarding the world bodies first the air is fed out of the surrounding ether and only then the world body is fed by the air. (GGJ Book 16, chap. 80)
 Look, the One in Me who is now speaking to you, spoke also like this to the first human pair of this Earth and gave them the same commandments which I now again give to you people who have completely forgotten the one true God and Lord. However, the people who were gifted with a completely free will, let themselves all too easily be blinded by the world and its tempting spirit. They fled away from God and did whatever they pleased. By that, their souls became darkened and their heart became hardened.
 I always sent messengers from the Heavens to teach the blinded people, but only a few paid attention to them. The great mass of people did not want to hear them or know about them.
 From time to time, by My Spirit, I awakened men and younglings who taught the people and who made every effort to bring them back to the old truth. Only a few listened to them, and still less people reacted on it. The great mass of people however, persecuted them, tortured them and even killed them.
 I also did not refrain from visiting a too degenerated people with great and small chastisements and judgments. However, also these brought only a few to a short time of improvement, but all too soon, again the evil worldly spirit came instead of Me.
 When at the time of Moses, the Israeli people received again laws from Me on the Sinai in the desert, under lightning, thunder and fire, they first listened with fear and trembling to My good words that could be heard from afar, but when the preaching lasted a longer time, the people became partly used to it and did not care much about it anymore. Another part had enough of My continuous teaching and asked Me to reveal My will only to Moses instead of to the whole people. They would hear and obey that will from him. However, in the mean time the people wanted to leave Mount Sinai because it was too turbulent there and they wanted to build their dwelling huts in a valley that was far away from there.
 After much begging, it was permitted to the people. But it did not take long before the people forgot Me and the great events on the Mount Sinai entirely, molded a calf from the great quantity of gold that they brought from Egypt, danced around it and gave it godly honor.
After this speech by Enoch all those present beat their breast and one said to the other: "What a speech this was, and what words!
2. “O truth, you eternally holy truth, the road to you is inexpressibly hard to find for him who does not know you!
3. ''Yet when you come to meet the tired wanderer, you are at once as recognizable for him as is the rising sun for every eye!
4. "Yes, think what you will, there is no other rule which could hold its own beside this one.
5. “Thus there is only one truth: God is this eternal truth, and this shows the alone true relationship between Him and men and says that this is the sale love.
6. "Can the best and purest reason possibly find another?
7. "No, for we know that all the works of human reason consist only in scattering, with destruction as its final goal.
8. "We are seeking, trying, building, obstructing, scattering and destroying makers of plans. We always want something new, something better and more perfect and in this endeavor forget altogether that we can never surpass ourselves and that thus our works can only be that which is their basis: our intellect.
9. "We have a good eye for the follies of others but are unable to see our own which are by far greater.
10. "All this is due to the fact that we have never seen a whole truth.
Excerpt from ‚FROM HELL TO HEAVEN’ (Lord’s word through Jakob Lorber)
Clarification on man’s raising up to independence
Seemingly difficult breeding school. - Loftiest divine love wisdom.
 I said: “Very well, but above all, the preacher himself must completely be in order before he teaches somebody else; otherwise the teaching is hollow and also leaves the student hollow. If somebody himself is a keen follower of that what he teaches, also his disciples will eagerly endeavor to become as perfect as there is perfect their master. If however the disciples soon discover here and there gaps and imperfections, they will soon decrease their zeal and finally say: ‘The master is a blunderer, what should become of us?!’ And I say to you: The disciples will soon turn their backs on such a master; since bungling belongs to the common craft and never to the sphere of arts and even less so to the sphere of wisdom. Therefore you must yourself in everything be perfect, which means with regard to the teaching and the actions accordingly, otherwise you will not be able to become true spreaders of My gospel.
 (An example): Say somewhere there is still an old hero school wherein the strongest and most courageous people trained as war heroes. The master would especially lay on their hearts to disdain death and say that a coward person who fears death, never can become a true hero. However, when it then comes to push, where the hero master has to show his disciples how to approach death cold-bloodedly, but himself would hesitate and finally even flee, would that inflame his hero disciples to true courage? Surely not; since the disciples will think: ‘Oh, he just wants to talk us by well-chosen words into defiance of death; indeed, he is hundred times more afraid of death than even the most timid among us! He rather should open a school for cowards than for heroes!’
 The hero master will effectuate something entirely different, if he, in front of his disciples, takes up a fight with a lion and defeats him through his strength and skill. His disciples will then admire him and in themselves animate the growing desire, also be able to fight such a battle. And the proverb always stays true, that only the spirit of the deed enlivens, however, the dead letter of the word kills. Since what is dead itself, cannot enliven, but only the spirit, who reveals itself by the living deed, makes everything alive.
 I say to you: Not those will enter the Kingdom of God who will say to Me: ‘Lord, Lord!’, but only those who will do the recognized will of My Father in heaven. It is not enough that somebody believes that I am Christ, the anointed of God, but he also must do what I have taught, otherwise his faith is of no use to him; since without works the strongest faith is dead and does
not give to any soul the everlasting life. – This remember all well and do accordingly, and you shall live!” (GGJ Book 15, chap. 34)
10. And Enoch replied to Abedam: "Lord, You who are full of love and mercy, Your will is always holy and Your mercy endless. You do not need to be implored for mercy by anyone, yet You give us opportunities to examine our own hearts to see how much love for the neighbor and brother dwells in them and how far we have managed to become like You in our mercy.
11. "Behold, as I recognize through Your infinite grace and mercy that the mercy and love for my brothers are nothing else but Your mercy and love, a tiny spark from Your endless, super-holy fire of love, I come to You also here in my only apparent mercy and confess that nothing is mine, but everything is Yours, - my love is Your love within me and my mercy Your mercy within me. Therefore, O Abba, eternal gratitude, glory and praise be to You for this!
12. "O Abba, if I feel within me mercy for someone, I feel at the same time how late I am with my mercy compared to You.
13. "Where would a poor, weak blind one already be by the time I come to his aid with my mercy if You had not shown him mercy much earlier?
14. "Yes I can ask You to have mercy upon the weak and blind. But when I ask this, O Abba, I do not do it to move You to something, but only that You may graciously look at my heart when it makes You a small offering from Your treasure for the brothers.
15. "And so I say also here as I do everywhere and at all times: O Abba, Your holy will be done! And what my heart offers You in love and mercy for the brothers - a trifling offering compared with Your endless love and mercy -, accept it graciously as if it were something before You so that if You have shown full mercy to someone in a way even obvious to us blind ones, I too may rejoice together with those to whom You visibly showed Your mercy.
NEW REVELATION Excerpts