On this terrace, they all looked at the nature for a while that became more and more quiet, and the skipper made the following very good remark about this: “If with man – when he has come into the years of his life about which he says that he does not like them – the evening of his soul would look like this natural evening, then he certainly would be pleased about it. But this is
almost never the case, because man spends his old age in all kinds of sorrow, worries, weaknesses, sicknesses and in an ever increasing fear for the certain death of his body. And against this fear, his weak faith and his still weaker hope in a continuance of life of the soul somewhere in the beyond – which is up to now still not really known – gives him very little certainty. Or man, who can afford it because of his wealth, throws himself especially on his old age with all lust into all kinds of worldly pleasures in order to chase away the fear and fright for death that is troublesome above all to him. And when sicknesses, against which no healing herb
can achieve anything, will take him into their grip, and he can very clearly see his coming end, than it storms all the more in his soul. And so the evening of the soul of an old person can be very seldom compared – and in our time almost not at all – with this truly more than beautiful natural evening. O dear Lord and Master, please tell us if it will always be like that with man forever.”
 I said: “In order to give man a quiet evening of the soul, I Myself as Lord over life and death have come into this world. The one who believes in Me and always lives and acts according to My teaching, and who thus seeks God’s Kingdom in himself, where he undoubtedly will certainly find it, his soul will have a much more quiet and more splendid evening of life than we can see and feel this natural evening before us now.
 (Raphael): “Suppose you wanted to give the eyesight back to a blind person through the power of the divine will within you, but you might at the same time doubt a little in its success, then that is already greatly mistaken; for the blind man will not achieve sight in this way. But if you are moved in the love for God most powerfully, this highest fire of love and life will not only animate your soul most powerfully, but instead it will spread spiritually far above your sphere of form with an irresistible all-power and there it will work in a very concentrated way wherever your divine will has naturally seized something will all wisdom and intelligence. If then the blind man is seized by your divine will of God and immediately placed in the focal point of the all-powerful love of God, of whom your soul is full, he must also stand there in an instant as perfectly seeing; for in the highest light and fire of love and life from God every death must give in, even that of an eye which has died to light, which naturally is as good as dead without light as the whole body without breath and pulse. Thereby then the awakening of a deceased person is made possible in an instant; for if the divine will which fills your heart and its wisdom are not against the reawakening of some dead person, you only need to place the dead person under the burning center of your love for the Lord God and he will live again perfectly!
 However you people also need a strong effort and constant practice; for one must make the heart highly flexible so that it can throw itself willingly into the highest measure of love for God at any instant. If it can do that, then the person is perfected as a person, and whatever he wants through God must happen! If you then, so armed, want to create a world, it must then be according to your divine will and according to the power of divine love, whose measure places your heart into a highest fire of life and your external sphere of life into the highest, far-illuminating and effective light of life. Whatever then your wise recognition through God dictates to your will, will also immediately come to pass through the substance of your most powerful light of the love of life streaming out into the form previously well-thought out and recognized by you, and in a few instants you will have a whole world formed before you which you can then even fix and maintain if you are in the purest full possession of the divine will and the divine love
" MY disciple John told you already, and I confirm this to you, that in the 2 commandments: ‘Love God above all and your fellowman like yourself’ are contained the 10 commandments of Moses and all the rest about what man should do to awaken the spiritual spark that abides in him and to unite more and more with his soul. For it is only in the right way of living according to God and in the right deeds of love for your fellowman that you will find true satisfaction, inner peace and the right victory over your passions and death. The one in whom the conviction is awakened, which makes it impossible for him to sin against those commandments, will already discover true Heaven on this Earth, for he became untouchable for all the attacks of evil, became by that a real ruler in him, and out of him a ruler over nature.
 For since the soul of man contains everything from all the beings that the Earth carries, as you know, it is very natural – once the spirit will rule in his house which contains everything – that he also must be able to rule over the various images of his I. Just like a king who worked himself up from the rank of slave to the throne will rule without resistance over all these ranks to which he belonged. But it is obvious that this is only when man has found the binding link of the chain, which is My teaching, and has connected both chains to only one unbreakable chain. He is completely powerless as the last link of the material chain, which is only the highest form of the soul, forming by that some human form, and is actually nothing but a very intelligent, well developed animal.” (36. The inner awakening and the continuation of life after death - THE GREAT GOSPEL OF JOHN Book 25)
Love for God and for women; all love should proceed from God’s love1. Says the officer: “Dear brother, I thank you for this splendid explanation; you are right, my love for the creature is still much stronger than my love for God the Lord, who surely is the primordial foundation of all love! But it is easier for women to love God than for us males, for they also have the endlessly most perfect man in God, something that goes well with their self-centred nature. Things are somewhat different with us men! We could never be as enamoured in a perfect male as in a female being, as it is grounded in nature.
2. Wherefore I believe there has to be a substantial difference between love for woman and love for God. One is bound to love God, the highest primordial being, completely differently to a woman. And so I believe that a modest love for a marvellous woman can easily exist side by side with the mighty love for God. Love for God must be of the greatest purity, whilst love for the woman can always contain some sensuality. Love for woman is centred mostly on the form, whereas love for God is a most purely interior contemplation of the endless perfections of the Deity, together with an exalted praise of Its purest love and goodness! I think it would be most offensive to God if one loved God with the same feelings as for a woman.
3. Hence I believe that the now saved Matilda cannot in the least diminish my love for the Lord but can on the contrary help me towards a still greater love for him.”
4. Says the Sergeant: “Faith can indeed also make blissful, but I on my part go solely for the bliss from pure love for God. Man has but one heart and can therefore have only one true love from which, once the main love has ripened, other side-loves can still come forth within the divine order. Wherefore I maintain that one has to first stand firmly in one’s love towards God, only after which everything else can still be – adopted in nicest harmony. If one’s love towards God is still swaying however and one hardly knows how one can love God more than a most beautifully formed woman:there friend, true wisdom of the spirit is still at some distance!
5. Behold, the heart has but one chamber for love, and this has to be for God as well as neighbour, and vice versa. If you truly love, then you cannot love God in any way other than a woman, and proper women no different to God, because man’s heart is capable of only one proper love. Whatever is besides that belongs to self-love and is not suitable for God’s Kingdom.
6. In what way did a John, a Jacob, a Peter or a Paul love God? How did Magdalena and a thousand others? Behold, these were totally in love with the Lord even more (From Hell to Heaven, vol. 2, chap. 247)
 Therefore you will all only fully understand the birth, or rebirth, from the spirit and in the spirit when I as a man and the son of man, am taken from this Earth under your very eyes like
 Only then will I scatter My spirit from the heavens full of truth and power over all those who are Mine, whereby only then the full rebirth of the spirit and in the spirit will be made fully possible, and only then will you understand and recognize the rebirth of your spirit.
 But until then no-one can be fully reborn in the spirit, not anyone, beginning from Adam; not even Moses and all the prophets.
 But through the works which I have performed before you and all the others, everyone from Adam onwards will take part in the full rebirth of the spirit if they were born into the world and had at least a good will in the life of their body, even if they were not always active accordingly.
 For there are many others who have the best will to do and carry out something good, but they are lacking in the means and the outer strength and skill, which are as necessary as the eyes
are for seeing. Well, in such cases the good will means as much to Me as the deed itself. (GGJ Book 7, chap. 57)
22. After this last word the high Abedam, having reached them, laid His hands on their shoulders and said: „To this Amen also I speak My mighty Amen.
23. "Verily, Kisehel, you have become strong and are the mightiest of them all; therefore, you shall be a leader to the rest. You, Sethlahem, shall retain the gift of prophecy; but true as your speech was and in everything to the point, I like Kisehel's speech better because he, more than you, preached the true humility.
24. "Behold, you were exalted by your speech, but Kisehel was humbled by his. Who, do you think, came closer to Me?
25. "Behold, it is good to speak as you formerly did; but it is not good to talk about oneself. For from where does the one who speaks some truth derive it?
26. „Therefore, you must not even rejoice visibly because I gave you more than I gave your brother, lest your brother glorify you instead of Me, for you were only a weak tool of Him Who has called you and to Whom alone all glory is due.
27. "Let your greatest glory be your humility and true, inner love for Me; then you will have life.
28. "Behold, this is My will. Your word is true and good, being out of Me; but, for the time being, do live according to it, and you will have eternal life. Amen." (Household of God vol. 2, chap. 10)
THE ESSENCE OF TRUE HUMILITY
When Kisehel heard that Abedam thus exalted him he gave Abedam a melancholy look and tried to say something; but Abedam anticipated him, saying:
2. "Kisehel, I have already read in your heart what you want to say and ask Me about.
3. "You want to remain the least; you do not want to be a leader to the others but rather want to be led by them.
4. "This is your endeavor, namely, to be ruled by others rather than rule them; you would by far prefer to obey rather than give rules to the others. 5. ''You would prefer to be the last rather than the first of My servants; and you want to be the strongest so as to serve all. But at the same time, you want to be the weakest so as not to be privileged before the others.
 THE captain said: “As far as I am concerned, it is completely clear, and I believe that this is also the case with the others. It is of course a very new teaching of life that has never been spoken out so clearly by the mouth of a human being, although a few old wise men that I know have also made allusions about it, which however unfortunately never became a living practice with the philosophers themselves and even less with their disciples, and therefore it also had to stay without result. But here, the situation is endlessly different, for You act as an undeniable Master of all the material and spiritual existence and life, and You teach us clearly about things which many philosophers have actually only unclearly and very messed up and indirectly touched upon it, and therefore, everything that You have taught and shown us here, must be true. And whoever will direct himself to this teaching of Yours, will always faultlessly reach what You have clearly explained and promised to us as a living true consequence of it. And therefore, no one of us will neglect to transform Your teaching into deeds.
 But this is of course no little thing, and the fulfillment of Your teaching will involve many difficulties, but once something truly serious is desired – which is typical for us Romans – then also that which is most difficult can be accomplished. As far as I am concerned, I will not lack a serious will. But now, what is also important is that You also, Lord and Master, will help a loyal and seriously willing follower and executer of Your teaching with the almightiness of Your Spirit if we now and then – because we are only human beings – can still become weak and tired. It is true that man can accomplish many and great things by wanting something very seriously, but still not everything. However, with Your help, one can always be sure of the result.”
 I said: “What you desire is already since eternity the concern of the One who lives in Me, for without Me you can never really do anything deserving for the eternal life of your soul. But still, everyone should do first out of his free will as much as he can, and then I will very surely and reliably do all the rest.
 I am only giving you this as a good advice and not as a law. And therefore, you also should not make a law of it, because tonight I have shown you more than sufficiently what kind of negative influences that coercing laws have on souls with a free will, as well as its inescapable consequences. And therefore you should only act freely out of true and pure love and never out of a coercing commandment. Only from this, will My true disciples be recognized, namely from the fact that among one another, they only practice the free law of love, and are loving one another mutually, just as I am now loving you all. (GGJ Book 18, chap. 88)
09] O you My three most dearest tenderlings, I am your true, eternal, holy, most loving Father! But behold: Just as I love you above all and you are more dear to Me and worth more than all the heavens and suns and worlds, in the same way also always love all your brothers and sisters; for they are all My children as you are!
10] Behold, I love you so much, that, if it was possible and necessary now, I would lay down My life, to give it to you forever!
11] Thus also love Me, your good Father and all My children for the sake of Me because I as the Father love them so much!
12] Do not judge them; for I will indeed not judge anyone, but give each one a freest life of love
forever. This is My will; respect it henceforth! (HHG vol. 3, chap. 79)
16. ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE WORD IF IT IS NOT TRANSFORMED IN GOOD DEEDS
 (The Lord) – Whatever it is necessary for the normal person to know and to believe is in any case recorded – look over there – at My bidding by My two scribes (Matthew and John - J. Lorber). He who will accept it and act accordingly will press onward to receive My Spirit. Having that, he needs nothing further.
 But if after what he has learnt he remains lukewarm and unwilling to act accordingly, he will indeed have the letter as it is recorded by My two scribes, and as it was recorded by Raphael for you and some others; but he will never reach the spirit that rests hidden deeply within the letter.
 It will not benefit anyone merely to exclaim, full of faith: 'Lord, Lord!', for such followers will always stand before Me as beings who do not know Me and whom I do not recognize.
 I tell you for all eternity as a truth from God: Unless a man becomes fully active according to My teaching, but instead is merely a hearer who occasionally admires and praises it, he will
not receive My Spirit, and My whole teaching is of little or no benefit to him. For when he has shed his body and become a naked soul, he will know as little of Me and My teaching as if he had never heard a syllable about it on the earth, which is quite a natural phenomenon.”
 I said: “This you can do, although you will not have much success. In Rome you have a few excellent laws indeed, but besides that, a great number of bad, wrong customs, besides which anything good and true can hardly take root.
 I tell you: Rome is and will remain Babel, a worldly whore, despite all persecutions that will come over her, although there will also be a great many zealous followers of My teaching.
 It is true that you have set the death penalty on robbery, murder and manslaughter and still a few other crimes, but at your great feast-days certain gladiators must fight for life or death to increase your pleasure, and the victor is then honored. Look, this is evil and will not bring any blessing to a nation. Also you have all kinds of battles with wild animals by which oftentimes men have to loose their life in a cruel manner, and still you find this very amusing. And look, also this is a great evil. There is virtually no blessing from above, and when this is missing, no state and no nation has a stable and permanent existence. On this, you can certainly believe Me.
 If however, you can and want to change it, then contribute to it that such things, which are very bad for your city and your great kingdom, will be prevented, and in which anyway you who have now become seeing, will not participate in it, let alone this youth that you will be taking to Rome. Then you always and everywhere will be able to rejoice in My blessing.
 I have given all of you the 2 commandments of love, which you have to observe faithfully. But in order to observe these commandments, one may not take pleasure in these wild battles.
 Because little love can be found in the heart of someone who can watch with indifference when a human being or also an animal is perishing. Where there is true living love, there is also real compassion and true mercy. How can anyone possess neighboring love when he is taking pleasure in the painful dying of his fellowman? Therefore, away with everything that is unworthy for the heart of a good man.
NEW REVELATION Excerpts