I said: “This you can do, although you will not have much success. In Rome you have a few excellent laws indeed, but besides that, a great number of bad, wrong customs, besides which anything good and true can hardly take root.
 I tell you: Rome is and will remain Babel, a worldly whore, despite all persecutions that will come over her, although there will also be a great many zealous followers of My teaching.
 It is true that you have set the death penalty on robbery, murder and manslaughter and still a few other crimes, but at your great feast-days certain gladiators must fight for life or death to increase your pleasure, and the victor is then honored. Look, this is evil and will not bring any blessing to a nation. Also you have all kinds of battles with wild animals by which oftentimes men have to loose their life in a cruel manner, and still you find this very amusing. And look, also this is a great evil. There is virtually no blessing from above, and when this is missing, no state and no nation has a stable and permanent existence. On this, you can certainly believe Me.
 If however, you can and want to change it, then contribute to it that such things, which are very bad for your city and your great kingdom, will be prevented, and in which anyway you who have now become seeing, will not participate in it, let alone this youth that you will be taking to Rome. Then you always and everywhere will be able to rejoice in My blessing.
 I have given all of you the 2 commandments of love, which you have to observe faithfully. But in order to observe these commandments, one may not take pleasure in these wild battles.
 Because little love can be found in the heart of someone who can watch with indifference when a human being or also an animal is perishing. Where there is true living love, there is also real compassion and true mercy. How can anyone possess neighboring love when he is taking pleasure in the painful dying of his fellowman? Therefore, away with everything that is unworthy for the heart of a good man.
2. "Yes, thus My beloved Sehel has truly spoken! Among all sins, self-seeking is the greatest. But man's greatest and most sublime glorification is humility and the therefrom-issuing glorification of My name before the world.
3. "Let him whose heart is burdened come to Me; for verily, say I now just as My beloved Sehel has said before, he will nowhere find relief, but solely with Me!
4. "Thus you, Garbiel, did not err in asking your great brother's forgiveness, and Seth, too, did not err when he realized his old error after being angry with his son Sehel who, following an inner impulse, refused to tread into Adam's footsteps but wanted to retain all his life the heavenly primordial purity of his heart out of his great secret love for Me.
5. "But, as Sehel said a while ago, it is going too far when one brother wallows in the dust before another brother.
6. "For not even I demand this. How much less, then, shall you honor one another as if one brother were a God to the other.
7. "By this I do not mean to say that you should not give honor to each other at all, but only that you shall not crawl before each other like worms.
8. "If you honor one another, give honor only through love, and let no one elevate himself above another but let each one be a true brother to another in My love.
9. "Such a mark of honor is a just one, - this you owe one another; however, what goes beyond it is again against My order, wherefore you shall leave it alone.
16. (Lamech:)„I now realize that all the temptations arise from God's great grace for which we can only thank Him forever because He remembers us, He, the infinite, eternal God!
17. "But the fact that we can do nothing for Him in return, behold, this is HOW oppressing my soul, saddening my heart.
18. „O brother, this you cannot feel in the same depth and fullness as I, the great sinner! Though you were a sinner, too, you were such not to the same extent as I was, - and so, as I said, you cannot feel as I do, what it means to be a debtor and unable to pay back the debt.
19. "Now you know what oppresses me; so advise me if you possibly can."
20. This speech startled Kisehel and at first he could not collect himself in earnest, but when My Spirit again came over him, he comforted Lamech with the following words:
21. “O brother Lamech, what you are feeling now, we have all long since felt and are feeling it all the more now that you are feeling it with us; but at the same time we know from the Lord's own holy mouth that our gratitude is most pleasing to Him when we realize our complete nothingness compared to Him.
22. "When you no longer find words to thank Him and no sacrifice worthy of Him, you are a true thanksgiver, glorifier and worshipper of God, the holy Father.
23. "Behold, this is the proper humility, and this again is the seed for the eternal life in God.
24."It is the beginning of pure love, - but the latter is Eternal Life itself.
 I said: “Very well, but above all, the preacher himself must completely be in order before he teaches somebody else; otherwise the teaching is hollow and also leaves the student hollow. If somebody himself is a keen follower of that what he teaches, also his disciples will eagerly endeavor to become as perfect as there is perfect their master. If however the disciples soon discover here and there gaps and imperfections, they will soon decrease their zeal and finally say: ‘The master is a blunderer, what should become of us?!’ And I say to you: The disciples will soon turn their backs on such a master; since bungling belongs to the common craft and never to the sphere of arts and even less so to the sphere of wisdom. Therefore you must yourself in everything be perfect, which means with regard to the teaching and the actions accordingly, otherwise you will not be able to become true spreaders of My gospel.
 (An example): Say somewhere there is still an old hero school wherein the strongest and most courageous people trained as war heroes. The master would especially lay on their hearts to disdain death and say that a coward person who fears death, never can become a true hero. However, when it then comes to push, where the hero master has to show his disciples how to approach death cold-bloodedly, but himself would hesitate and finally even flee, would that inflame his hero disciples to true courage? Surely not; since the disciples will think: ‘Oh, he just wants to talk us by well-chosen words into defiance of death; indeed, he is hundred times more afraid of death than even the most timid among us! He rather should open a school for cowards than for heroes!’
 The hero master will effectuate something entirely different, if he, in front of his disciples, takes up a fight with a lion and defeats him through his strength and skill. His disciples will then admire him and in themselves animate the growing desire, also be able to fight such a battle. And the proverb always stays true, that only the spirit of the deed enlivens, however, the dead letter of the word kills. Since what is dead itself, cannot enliven, but only the spirit, who reveals itself by the living deed, makes everything alive.
 I say to you: Not those will enter the Kingdom of God who will say to Me: ‘Lord, Lord!’, but only those who will do the recognized will of My Father in heaven. It is not enough that somebody believes that I am Christ, the anointed of God, but he also must do what I have taught, otherwise his faith is of no use to him; since without works the strongest faith is dead and does
not give to any soul the everlasting life. – This remember all well and do accordingly, and you shall live!” (GGJ Book 15, chap. 34)
 THEN Agricola said: “Lord and Master. I have engraved now Your extremely true, holy words deep in my heart, and will act accordingly as much as possible, but still I do ask You if the death penalty should be abolished in all circumstances?”
 I said: “Oh friend, I know indeed what you want to tell Me now. Look, you have heard from one of My disciples that I Myself 1 year ago in the vicinity of Caesarea Philippi at the lake of Galilee have applied a sort of summary justice on a few very evil servants of the law who were tracing Me up, and that is why you have asked Me this question.
 Yes, I tell you: if you can see from a criminal, just as I can, that he as human being in the body is already a perfect devil – just as Moses was also able to see that by My Spirit – then you can sentence him to the death penalty at once. But if you cannot see that, like I and Moses, then you must not be too quick with the death sentence.
 I have of course the right from eternity to – what concerns the body – kill the whole human race, and so I am always executioner of all material created beings in the whole eternal infinity, but what I kill as matter, I make alive spiritually forever.
 As soon as you can do that also, you can kill no matter who at the right moment. But since you cannot do that, you also should not kill, except in case of extreme necessity. For instance in a defensive war or in a by God ordered punitive war against incorrigible wicked nations, or also in case of self-defense against an evil killer or robber. In all other cases you may not kill or let kill as long as you do not have My full light in you. Did you well understand this?” […]
10. And Enoch replied to Abedam: "Lord, You who are full of love and mercy, Your will is always holy and Your mercy endless. You do not need to be implored for mercy by anyone, yet You give us opportunities to examine our own hearts to see how much love for the neighbor and brother dwells in them and how far we have managed to become like You in our mercy.
11. "Behold, as I recognize through Your infinite grace and mercy that the mercy and love for my brothers are nothing else but Your mercy and love, a tiny spark from Your endless, super-holy fire of love, I come to You also here in my only apparent mercy and confess that nothing is mine, but everything is Yours, - my love is Your love within me and my mercy Your mercy within me. Therefore, O Abba, eternal gratitude, glory and praise be to You for this!
12. "O Abba, if I feel within me mercy for someone, I feel at the same time how late I am with my mercy compared to You.
13. "Where would a poor, weak blind one already be by the time I come to his aid with my mercy if You had not shown him mercy much earlier?
14. "Yes I can ask You to have mercy upon the weak and blind. But when I ask this, O Abba, I do not do it to move You to something, but only that You may graciously look at my heart when it makes You a small offering from Your treasure for the brothers.
15. "And so I say also here as I do everywhere and at all times: O Abba, Your holy will be done! And what my heart offers You in love and mercy for the brothers - a trifling offering compared with Your endless love and mercy -, accept it graciously as if it were something before You so that if You have shown full mercy to someone in a way even obvious to us blind ones, I too may rejoice together with those to whom You visibly showed Your mercy.
2. But Enoch replied to them and said: "Dear friends and brothers, although your heart impels you to seek the almighty, holy, most loving Father, and this is right and proper -- for whoever seeks God, shall always seek Him with the heart, or he will never find Him -, your present search is a little foolish.
3. "Behold: God the Father, Whom you have just seen and spoken to personally, is a Spirit and cannot ever be beheld with the physical eyes! However, if He wants to be beheld, He opens the inner eyes of the spirit of the man who is to see Him, and the spiritual man can then through the physical man behold God." provided it is God's will - seeing and hearing Him just as you have now all seen and heard Him.
4. "When the Lord according to His most wise counsel then wants again to become invisible, He again closes through His almighty will the eyes to the human spirit, and no matter what man does, he cannot ever behold the Lord.
5. "But heed also this. Beholding gives eternal life to no one, but listening and living in accordance with the perceived word does!
6. "The Lord has closed its vision to your spirit, but not it’s hearing which is in the heart. Therefore, everyone of you can at any time hear the Lord's voice and can always turn to His fatherly love if he needs something, and the Father will give it to him if it is for his good or withhold it from him if it is not. Whether good or not good, you can always ask the Father, and be assured, He will give you the well-audible advice and will speak to you in your hearts provided you will always ask Him for it in full earnest.
7. “If you will always speak to your brothers out of true inner brotherly love in the Lord's name, being their loving teacher about God, about His works which are full of His endlessly great glory, about His endless goodness, grace, mercy and how He is a most loving, holy Father to all those people who love Him with all their vital strength, - I give all of you the fullest assurance: You will not speak one word which had not first been spoken by God in your hearts!
8. ''Whoever will then hear you, will hear the voice of God, just as you are hearing it out of me.
9. "But woe betide him who, for the sake of selfishness and his worldly reputation, would pretend to speak God's words without first perceiving the living word within him! Truly, his tongue shall turn into a viper full of venom, and he who hears him will be as if stung by a poisonous viper!
10. "Therefore, beware above all of self-seeking; let everyone forget himself completely and from the bottom of his heart be only mindful for the well-being of his brothers and sisters, and he will be able to enjoy the continued fellowship with God, the most loving, holy Father, temporally and later also in spirit, forever visibly!
11. "Behold, this is how you must seek in all future the Lord of heaven and earth, and you will always find Him easily. And if you then in your love inflamed heart ask: 'Father, where are You?', He will say to you: 'Little children, here I am in your midst! Have no fear; for My almighty hand protects you day and night!'
12. "Look, so it will be since it is the Lord's will. Therefore, heed these words and do accordingly, and you will henceforth no longer have to seek the Lord in all corners without finding Him in the end, for then the Lord will always meet you wherever you will turn; for the Father is always infinitely more concerned about us than all children put together are about Him.
13. "So do take note of this lest you ever become poor and imprisoned. Amen." (HHG vol. 2, chap. 269)
 I said: “You are right about that, friend and brother Lazarus. All that which is good and true has its complete correspondence in bread and wine. Therefore, you can be assured that after Me when you moderately will be using bread and wine in remembrance of Me, that I will be in the spirit, as now in the body, personally among you My children, brothers and friends until the end of all times of this Earth. Surely, you will not always see Me with the eyes of your body, but then still, your heart will tell you: ‘Rejoice, for your Lord, God and Father is among you and is blessing the bread and wine for you. Therefore, be joyful and cheerful in His name, and remember by that the poor brothers and sisters, and more precisely the poor in spirit.’
 When your heart will give you such a stimulation, remember and belief always that I will be personally among you, and whatever you will then ask Me which is good and true for the life of your soul, I will always very willingly give it in a well understandable way.
 Thus, those who will greet Me with great love in their heart will soon be able to convince themselves also with their eyes that I really am personally among them. And what I am saying and explaining here to all of you is also fully valid for all your true and faithful followers. But give Me the new wine now, for I have become thirsty.” (GGJ Book 18, chap. 88)
 THE SCRIBE however, who was converted to Me and had stayed with us, said: “Lord and Master, You have now said to the wonderful Mary of Magdalon that You Yourself are a true bread from the Heavens and likewise a real wine, and whoever will eat this bread and drink this wine will eternally not see, feel or taste death. Of course, I know that with the word ‘bread’ You have meant Your word and with the ‘wine’ the living Spirit, and with the ‘eating of the bread’ the acceptance of Your word and with ‘drinking of the wine’ the acting according to Your godly teaching, which certainly comes from the Heavens because You Yourself are the only supreme Lord of Heaven and also of the Earth. (GGJ Book 19, chap. 29)
15. "So, dear brothers, let us introduce quite a different royal rule. In this kingdom the king will be a guide and teacher to his brothers, by no means a lord and ruler.
16. "Such a king will be according to God's order and will have no need of worldly might, but the might and power of divine love, wisdom and order will dwell in his spirit, and out of the spirit he will be able to easily and mightily lead his brothers into all that is good and true. (HHG vol. 2, chap. 201)
(Joseph to Cyrenius:) But one thing you should not have done after that as you did.
And this one thing is that you had the torn corpses buried in the public place.
Of course you did this from a politically correct point of view in order to keep others from similar attempts by such an example, but that is a very short-lived expedient! See, nothing in the world has a shorter life than horror, fear and sadness!
Hence an expedient which awakens these three emotions is no more justified than the by it awakened emotions themselves. When any man has shaken off these three emblems of judgment by means of his free spirit, he then becomes angry and thereupon attacks the cruel judge with redoubled fury.
Do you therefore always lead the people with the love that lasts forever, and seek to hide such expedient, but for all that horrifying examples from the people, and you will constantly enjoy the people's love.
'I tell you: A drop of compassion at every opportunity is better than a whole palace full of the best intentioned but very strict justice! For compassion betters the enemy as well as the friend, while the best intentioned but very strict justice makes the just one proud and overbearing, and the one guilty and so judged is filled with wrath and thinks only of how he may revenge himself against the one that is just.
What you have now done cannot be made undone any more, but in the future remember this rule. It is better than gold, yes, better than purest gold.'
Here Cyrenius again fell about Joseph's neck and thanked him for this teaching like a son his father. (The Childhood of Jesus, chap. 138)
4. But Abedam turned to them and said: "My love be with you and in you! Love each other in this My love and be glad and of good cheer together, and be obliging to one another and glad to serve, and you will thereby at all times reveal that you are truly My dear little children in whom the holy Father takes, and always can take, pleasure; for the day of the great liberation has come near.
5. "If Adam continued to live on earth seven times as long as he has already lived and will still be living, it would happen before the eyes of his flesh.
6. "So act according to My will lest the day find you unprepared when it comes.
7. "But prior to that will come the great Time of times. Whoever will then be received, for him the great day of liberation will occur in his time. But for him who will not be received the day of liberation will be a day of judgment, namely, a judgment through fire and in the fire of My wrath.
8. “Those will understand it in the depth of their life who will be perfect out of and in the spirit of My love and thus also in all the wisdom out of it.
9. “Therefore, be of a glad heart also you; for now you know that one day all hard bonds shall be loosed.
10. "But what would man give in order to become a lord of his life?
11. "I have now shown all of you how you can achieve this and then be it in the fullest measure. So you shall also be glad; for this is why I have shown you the road of pure love, which leads everyone to this glory of life.
12. "If someone might say: 'How can I be a lord of my life if I always have to live like an obedient servant?'
13. ''Then I tell you: While you are servants of the world and your flesh, you are harnessed to the yoke of servile obedience. But once you are servants of My love you will be liberated from any yoke whatsoever and will thus be perfect lords of your life; for love alone will and can make you completely free.
14. "How should love not be able to achieve this, being a living and exceedingly delicious spice of one's own will?
15. "Of what benefit to such a man should then be some commandment to be obeyed when he has love which comprises all the commandments within it and is a master of all law?
16. "Or is it necessary to coerce someone to an action which he would have carried out spontaneously with all his heart?
17. "Thus love, superior to all commandments and laws, as itself life, is also a perfect lord of one's own life! - Say whether this is not so!
18. "Since it is thus, be exceedingly glad; for I, your holy Father, have now given you the fullness of love, even My own love, and all glory of life with it.
19. “Therefore, you shall not adhere to the world and to the flesh choosing the serviceable and servile means for the purpose.
20. "For all this did not go forth from My love, but was begotten out of My wisdom, which is and subsists in the endless light-spheres of My Deity, now formed into a foundation testing your love for Me.
21. “Therefore, do not say to each other: "This plot of earth belongs to me, and this tree is mine, and I can do with my body as I please!'; for this will more and more draw you away from My love, and you will thereby become servants of the world and thus of death finding it utterly difficult, slow and burdensome to detach yourselves again from the world. And one day much fire will have to come over you to melt you away from the iron shackles of death.
22. "So be exceedingly glad for you have recognized that there is only one God, one Lord, one Proprietor of all things and one holy Father, and you all are His children and brothers and sisters to one another to whom I gave all this in equal parts. Thereby you know that you do not belong to the world, but to Me, the Father, in all the fullness of My love and great grace.
23. "So do heed this above all and love each other as you love Me, and life's glory will be your share from now on and you will be and forever remain in it in great joy. (HHG vol. 2, chap. 137)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts