ABOUT ACTIVITY, EFFORT AND SPIRITUAL EVOLUTION
« 7. Therefore, all of you should not be just idle hearers of My ?Word, but diligent doers, only then will you begin to notice its blessings within you.
8. For life is action and not stagnation of the powers on which life depends. And so life must be preserved even for eternity through the constant activity of all its powers, for in the lying-down-to-rest there is no permanent life.
9. The certain feeling of well-being you gain from rest is nothing else but a partial death of the powers needed for living. The person who then increasingly enjoys the inactive rest, especially of the spiritual life-powers, thereby also slides ever more into the arms of actual death from which no God will easily free him.
10. Oh yes, there does also exist a proper rest full of life, but that is in God and for everyone an indescribably blissful feeling of contentment to be active in accordance with God’s will.
11. The most blissful feeling of contentment and the clearest realisation to have always truly acted according to the order of God is that proper rest in god which alone is full of life because it is full of energy and respective action. Every other rest that consists in the ceasing of the life-powers is, as already mentioned, an actual death to the point to which the various life-forces have withdrawn from activity and no longer resumed it. Do you understand this?’ […]
14. And just as the body gradually dies off through too much sleep, in the same way, but on a larger scale this apples to the soul if it increasingly slackens in its activity according to My Word and will.
15. Once idleness has made itself at home in a soul there soon follows also depravity. For idleness is nothing else but a self-indulging love which all the more flees any activity for someone else’s sake because it basically want only one thing, namely, ,that all others should work for its benefit.
16. Therefore, beware particularly of idleness, for this is an actual see for all kinds of vices.» (Chap. 220, vol I, GGJ)
Shun rest and seek full activity
« 6. Only activity upon activity for the common good of people brings you salvation. For all life is the fruit of God’s constant, never tiring activity and therefore can only be maintained and preserved for eternity through proper activity whereas nothing but death does and must result from inactivity.
7. Place your hands on your heart and feel how it is constantly active day and night. The life of the body depends solely on such activity. Once the heart stops, that would mean the end of the natural life of the body, I should say.
8. And just as the rest of the physical heart obviously constitutes the total death of the body, this same rest of the soul’s heart is the death of the soul.
9. The heart of the soul, however, is called love, and its pulsating expresses itself in true and full love-activity.
10. Thus constant love-activity is the never wearying pulse-beat of the soul’s heart. The more actively the heart of the soul pulsates, the more life is generated in the soul and once thereby a sufficiently high degree of life, this awakens therein the life of the divine spirit.
11. This - as the very life, because the untiring supreme activity itself - then flows into the soul that has become equal to it through love activity, and everlasting imperishable life has fully commenced within the soul.
12. And look, all this arises from activity, but never from idle rest.
13. Therefore, shun rest and seek full activity, and eternal life will be your reward. » (Chap. 221, vol I, GGJ)
The self development of the human beings on Earth
"9. Says the angel, ‘Because here it is all about becoming a completely new creature out of and in God. Once you will have become a completely new creature out of God, and achieve the childhood of God, everything shall be added back unto you.
10. In all the other countless worlds, you are created externally and internally what you are to be, but here God hands the external formation to the soul, which builds its own body in accordance with its created order. But the task of the spirit placed into every soul, primarily is to develop the soul by keeping the Commandments given him from without. Once the soul as a result has achieved the right degree of ripeness and development, the spirit spreads into the entire soul, and the entire man is then perfected, a new being, and that fundamentally out of God, since the spirit within man is no less than a God in miniature, because fully out of the heart of God. But man is then so, not through God’s deed but through his fully own, and is for that reason a true child of God. And I repeat to you in all brevity: in no other heavenly sphere do men have to form themselves, for they are so of God, or what amounts to the same, are so through His children. But here men have to develop completely by themselves, in accordance with revealed order, or they could not possibly become children of God. And thus a perfected man on earth, as a child of God, is fully identical with God, although an undeveloped one, in contrast, is below the kingdom of animals.’"
(Chap. 214, vol I, GGJ)
Mastering the world
"Anyone wishing to fight the world has to fight it with secret weapons, and these weapons are My love and My peace within you. Each will, however, first have to overcome the world within himself with these weapons, and only then shall he be able at all times to use these weapons successfully against the outside world."
"Truly, anyone who has not mastered the world in his own heart shall master it even less outside. And anyone who still feels in his heart a zeal that is like a blight has not yet finished dealing with his own inner world. My spirit and My peace are not zealous, but act powerfully in utter quiet and unnoticed by all the world, and they have no other outward signum but the works of love and in outer appearance humility." (Interpretation of Scriptures 35, 20-24)
" With what kind of almightiness and wisdom can you fight against it if you want it to be effective for eternity? I say to you and to you all: with nothing else except with the truth that I have taught you and with the power of extreme self-denial and the true and full humility of the heart.
 Strive only for that which you recognize as truth, and then act according to it and not out of appearance for some worldly reason like the temple servants and also many gentiles are doing. Then by that, you will have conquered in yourself the complete Hell and its prince. All evil spirits that are present in all matter will not be able to harm you anymore. And even if an endless great number from the whole great Man of Creation would attack you, then they nevertheless will have to flee away from you as loose chaff and as desert sand for the mighty storm.
 But if the treasures of the Earth are holding you captive, so that you in order to possess them, would also deny the recognized truth, then you are already conquered in your soul by the power of Hell and its prince who carries the name of lie and darkness, judgment, destruction and death." (60. About matter and the danger of it – GGJ Book 18)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts