And the Lord lifted up His hand and said to Lamech and all the others: "Verily, verily, say I, now still the holy and most loving Father to you all:
10. "Once I shall bind you through laws, I shall also bind you through judgment; for without judgment no law is possible nor is any judgment possible without laws!
11. "If you, Lamech, had had laws from Me, I would not have come to you as a Father and thus a helper to you all, but as a most inexorable judge to condemn you for all your evil deeds!
12. "However, from the beginning you had no laws; thus you were like infants in the cradle. You have done much evil, indeed you have committed atrocious deeds; but, having no definite law directly from Me, but only an indirect advice, you were so far not liable to any judgment, - and now I am here to help you.
13. "How can you, Lamech, then ask Me for laws?
14. "What is better, to be quite free in the love for Me, thus having Me as a Father, or to be bound by laws, thereby having Me as a permanent judge?
15. ''Verily, say I to you all: I will rather destroy the whole of creation than fetter My children with laws, thereby ceasing to be their Father and judging them for eternal death!
9. And the Lord lifted up His hand and said to Lamech and all the other
16. “Therefore you, Lamech, take back your request and let it completely wither within you; for in all your erstwhile wickedness I liked you better than I would if you were to observe the laws with the most painstaking severity.
17. "For the law rescinds all love between the lawgiver and the one encumbered with the law and instead of love establishes the most severe, inexorable judgment.
18. "Who can say of himself: 'I can completely fulfill the law!'?
19. "Look, I alone could do this, but no other free being; the created being would have to walk in judgment like the animals.
20. "If so, where is the free life-activity of the spirit?
21. ''Woe betide you and woe betide every nation to whom I shall give laws; for then the house of the Father will be locked with iron bolts!
22. "And unless I come personally to fulfill the same, the whole of creation will perish!
23. "Therefore, I now give you no law, but only tell you as a Father to love Me above all and each other as you love yourselves. This is My will; all else do out of the wisdom which comes to you through My love, and you will live as it is most pleasing to Me.
24. "Observe all this and do accordingly and you will have My love at all times and the great house of your Father shall not ever be closed to you! Amen." (HHG vol. 2, chap. 230)
7. "Look, also many people knowing of My laws would honestly endeavor to fulfill the same, provided they did not encounter too many trials and difficulties.
8. "If, however, they were confronted with the difficulties, what would happen unless, like now, I were among them visibly; and if also the firm, unshakable faith in Me and with it the necessary love for Me were lost among the late descendants, so that no one could come and say to Me, as you do now: 'Lord, I now realize that without You one can do nothing; so come and help me lift and move the great, heavy burden!'?
9. "Thereby I wanted to show you that man cannot ever fulfill a divine commandment completely; and whoever had done everything possible out of his firmest will and then said: 'Lord, behold, I have fulfilled your will to the last jot!', he would be a great liar and a great evil-doer.
10. "For no one can completely fulfill a divine law - except God! - Why?
11. "Because the law is divine - being out of God - and therefore contains infinite conditions!
12. "When man has done everything according to My revealed will and thereby tries to be justified before Me, he must say in his humble heart:
13. "O Lord and Father, be gracious and merciful to me, an idle and useless servant!
14. ''For I have gnawed at the rind, but the wood and the marrow of the law have been untouched by the tooth of my willpower!'
15. "When someone thus acts according to My will, let him do it as if he did it out of his own strength, albeit always fully trusting in My strong aid; however, having done something according to My will, he must at once actively remember that he did nothing, but I did everything through him!
16. "Whoever realizes this actively within, will be justified before Me through this his humble cognition.
17. "But he who takes credit for his own deeds, will one day be called to account where hardly a balance will be struck, ... unless such a reckoner early enough takes recourse to the calculating chart of humility and openly confesses on this chart to be the greatest debtor before Me!
18. "So as to protect you and your people as much as possible from the law, the fulfillment of My law being too difficult, even totally impossible for you, I give you no commandment other than that of love - which actually is no commandment, for love is really everyone's own life - and that you do not say My name idly - for it is the name of God, Who is forever holy, holy, holy! -, and that you always believe that I am the one and only God and Creator of heaven and earth and of countless suns and worlds in My infinity!
19. “Therefore, love and honor Me at all times above all and believe that I am your God and exceedingly good Father, Who is now telling you this, then you have done more than if you had painstakingly fulfilled ten thousand laws. (HHG vol. 2, chap. 235)
NEW REVELATION Excerpts